The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
I'm adopting a rescue puppy - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: I'm adopting a rescue puppy (/showthread.php?tid=100515)

Pages: 1 2

I'm adopting a rescue puppy - Sharleen - 08-22-2014

Some of you might remember me posting that my family's dog died on his 13th birthday, March 31st of this year. I decided I wasn't going to get another dog so that I could travel. But I couldn't stand coming home to no dog greeting me and being SO happy to see me. I saw a sweet puppy on http://www.petfinder.org and it looked to me that she was 45 minutes away from my house. When I contacted the organization, I found that she was in Arkansas!!! So I kind of gave up on that idea. I was contacted the other day though, and they will DELIVER her to the northeast. I had the choice of meeting the truck (evidently bringing quite a bit of dogs to the northeast) of either in Danbury CT or Brattelboro VT. At first I picked Danbury because I go to some reggae concerts there (mostly Beres Hammond) and I know how to get there & everything. During this time of year our major highways, NYS Thruway, Mass Pike, I-84 are mobbed with vacationers going 85 mph & driving crazy, so I changed my pick up to Vermont where I can drive on a major County Route instead.
This organization is called claws and paws I think or Paws and Claws Rescue Organization. So next Saturday I will pick her up!! Kind of strange adopting an animal unseen and unmet. I did it once before from someone I worked with years ago, they had a German Shephard they couldn't stand and was going to take it to the Humane Society so I intervened. I had a small two seater convertible called a Spitfire I think. My husband and I went to pick her up deep in the heart of the ghetto & had just picked up a six pack of hot dogs. She was a scary dog!! And the car was so small, I'm not sure if she was minorly abused or what... but she definitely didn't like strangers. After the third hot dog she calmed down a bit.
Anyways, so here I am on my second time adopting a dog. I was really really trying to concentrate on not getting tied down with the pet ownership thing, but... We called our dog who died 'Roamie Doodle Dandy' and the dog I'm adopting is called Doodle.
So I drive to Vermont next Saturday, it looks like a two hour drive and meet up in a large parking lot because the truck is so large & will meet her. Check her out:
https://www.petfinder.com/petdetail/29650779
I know lots of people make fun of people like me who love small dogs. When I was 18 I lived in an apartment building and I had just bought my first dog, a shih-tzu and my friend that lived in the building bought a great dane puppy. They became best friends and it was funny as Elvin grew bigger and bigger by the minute, my dog remained little. They remained best friends for years. Her dog food bill was like 10 times of what mine was.

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - booger - 08-22-2014

Big ups to you lady! Too many animals and not enough loving people on this Earth. Please spay and neuter your animals......

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - Susantherese - 08-22-2014

She looks like a sweetie! Congratulations and so nice she will have a forever home!

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - brihinds - 08-22-2014

Congratulations your new member of the Family. Happy for you both and to know that Doodle is going to a loving home.

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - oldtimer - 08-23-2014

Good work !!!!!! looks like a sweetie !!!!

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - Likkle Red - 08-23-2014

Congrats on the new addition to your family! doodle is adorable and I am sure will fit in nicely. I commend you on adopting this dog.

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - rootswoman - 08-23-2014

Awhhhh
I am so happy for you Sharleen
Doodle is a dandy.
and she is a lucky girl to be going home with you.

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - Kandm - 08-23-2014

Congrats to you and Doodle Sharleen. Nothing better than opening your home to a rescue. We currently have 2 rescues both also from the South-one from Tennessee and one also from Arkansas. Fortunately up here in the northeast we don't have kill shelters so it's fantastic that there are organizations out there willing to go into the kill shelters and transport the dogs to loving homes. Big ups to you for saving one of those dogs.
We just celebrated 5 years with or Tennessee rescue on August 1st[attachment=1207][attachment=1208]

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - brihinds - 08-23-2014

Big Up to You Kandm. I love the party hat for Tennessee!

RE: I'm adopting a rescue puppy - suzengrace - 08-24-2014

thats one adorable pup...good for you Sharleen....both you are lucky.... I'd love to have a dog again,just dont have the time....please try to post pictures ...