The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Watering The Garden - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Watering The Garden (/showthread.php?tid=100478)

Watering The Garden - Firemon - 08-04-2014

Uh-oh, now I'm in trouble with my Jamaican girlfriend. She called this weekend to complain that her garden needed watering and that I hadn't been around to water it. "When are you going to come water my garden," she asked?

Indeed. Always nice to find that task in the job jar.

RE: Watering The Garden - macyoder - 08-05-2014

Lets' hope you don't have a white liver gyal or maybe that's a good thing....hmmmm!

RE: Watering The Garden - Firemon - 08-05-2014

I found it a rather entertaining metaphor. It was the first time she'd used it since we started playing dominoes together a number of years ago. Figured maybe one of the ladies here on the yellowboard might want to recycle that line with their love interest--although perhaps not if it makes them a white liver gyal. Sounds derrogatory to me but customarily people don't insult people they haven't even met...no wait, my bad, welcome to the internet.

RE: Watering The Garden - Papa Georgie - 08-05-2014

The one time Governor of South Carolina called it "hiking in the Appalachians".

RE: Watering The Garden - macyoder - 08-07-2014

(08-05-2014, 10:12 AM)Firemon Wrote:  I found it a rather entertaining metaphor. It was the first time she'd used it since we started playing dominoes together a number of years ago. Figured maybe one of the ladies here on the yellowboard might want to recycle that line with their love interest--although perhaps not if it makes them a white liver gyal. Sounds derrogatory to me but customarily people don't insult people they haven't even met...no wait, my bad, welcome to the internet.

A "white liver gyal" is a woman who likes to get her garden watered on a regular basis and not ashamed to own it. It started with "coolie" or Indian girl who enjoyed the watering process but now refered any lady who enjoys gardening.

I truly apologize for the post. I promise to be less Jamaican with some of the expressions, so (H and P:-). I thought the topic was discussed here before, could be awhile ago. You are correct, the internet gives way for all kind of assumptions and name calling but on this no malice intended. I guess white liver lady would sound better but by any other name she is still H & P.

White Liver Riddim...

"Gal a sey har man small, and she waan bigga, she say she want mi lend har mi digga...One hour gone and she want more vigor ...Couldn't a wha da gyal inna, wonder if she have white liver"

Elephant man says:
"never yuh tek ah coolie gal inna yuh rass life
she will terment yuh inna bed fi di whole night
white liva dem gal dey have"

LOL, I know the LIKES are coming for the explanation :-))))))

Live Laugh Love

RE: Watering The Garden - Raine - 08-07-2014

when I first started reading I just did not get it.....I asked a Jamaican and she said who told you that...I said I read it. So I showed her and she explained. LOL

Gone are the days when you get the benefit of the doubt, so I am glad that I had a chance to apologize and explain.

I first asked and got the wah yuh a talk bout reply....LOL