The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Concerned Jamaicaholics - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Concerned Jamaicaholics (/showthread.php?tid=100477)

Pages: 1 2

Concerned Jamaicaholics - rootswoman - 08-04-2014

I have invited a reporter from the Jamaican Observer to join Orbras (Doctoro's) facebook group " Whagwaan in Negril" and hear people's concerns in Negril

He is planning to write a story and I would like to extend the opportunity to anyone here that would like to voice your concerns.

You would be anonymous - for example -
"Anthony G - 21- years visiting Negril " or something like that.

This is the address of the young man is
dewart@jamaicaobserver.com.

This is a link to the group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WhaagwaaninNegril

Here is a Terron Dewars part of the thread that might help you

Good Day. My Name is Terron Dewar and i am from Negril. I now living in kingston (just havent gone back home since doing my degrees at UWI in kingston). I currently work at the Business Desk at the Jamaica Observer, and i write articles all the time about things of this nature.........I am offering my services to help you express your opinions, experiences and recommendations in the nations largest newspaper. What do you think? The tourism industry ranks as the country's # earner, only trading places with remittances during times of natural disaster or global economic recessions and as such your opinions cannot be overlooked.
Please let me know.

" My email address is dewart@jamaicaobserver.com. I will use the ones emailed as well as some of the ones here...... i will apply anonymity to all comments made (i will use first names and last initials) or i can change or replace names with general information like said the; *7 time visitor, *visitor who first visited in 1964...that sorta stuff.
34 mins · Edited · Like · 3

Terron Dewar So far im picking up; the 2 murders, escalation of violence and unsafe conditions of the west end road, lack of public ambulance, (does anybody have the cost for the private ambulance service in negril?), The poor state of the hospital in Savanna-la-mar, the breakwater issue, need for the return of Jet Skies
32 mins · Like · 4

Terron Dewar what did i miss? i'm also going to need a bit of details on your exact sentiment to each issue, why they are a deterrent. Quantifiable variables like that given by Shelly Seashell (reduction in days spent), not visiting, not referring persons.......

RE: Concerned Jamaicaholics - rootswoman - 08-04-2014

If people want to voice your concerns right here - I will invite him here to read what you have to say.

Please think hard, don't miss this opportunity, let your voice be heard.

RE: Concerned Jamaicaholics - Likkle Red - 08-04-2014

Thank you ....thank you....thank you!

OK - I took it upon myself to link him to this thread so he can follow along - i don't know if he will join the board - but he is more than welcome to do so. This is an open forum and everyone is welcome.

RE: Concerned Jamaicaholics - Westenders - 08-04-2014

Amazing RW, you have created a valuable opportunity for people to have their say, fingers crossed forum members get behind this.

personally I want to say thank you,

How about the jet skis and the loss of that poor mans life.
We pretty much want the jet ski ban to continue. Right?

We don't like the horses on the beach much either - we have safety concerns.

The ambulance is often discussed

We were very upset about the recent death at ricks and no life guard on duty

We have been talking endlessly about safety - please share your issues

RE: Concerned Jamaicaholics - kylake - 08-04-2014

Thanks RW for doing this,
I will chime in the (3 year) newbie I am, but don't have time now to give a thoughtful response. Hopefully, before I say what I think, others that have known the island for years/decades and stay for extended periods of time will state their thoughts which should be more meaningful than what a newbie might say.

RE: Concerned Jamaicaholics - booger - 08-04-2014

Kylake,
A newbs perception is just as important as a vets. How many newbs go home and slam Jamaica due to the crap pissing everyone else off?

RE: Concerned Jamaicaholics - oldtimer - 08-05-2014

WOW !!!!!! this certainly is a great opportunity !!!
You have hit the nail on the head.
Stopping the lies to the public would be a major one.
RW you have them COVERED !!!!!!
Things like WHY !!!!! can the ambulance be working and then not .Who crashed it ?
Get the horses off the beach to a proper area.
Get the jet skies out forever !!!!
Night time safety !!!!!!!
Oh I hope he joins this board !!!!!!!!!!

RE: Concerned Jamaicaholics - JonTom - 08-05-2014

Long term, I fear for the sustainability of Negril's attractions - the reefs and life around them (includes the breakwater project, of course), the pollution from the rivers, the continued development near shore, the health of the morass.