The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Jamaica Love - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Jamaica Love (/showthread.php?tid=100475)

Pages: 1 2 3

Jamaica Love - rootswoman - 08-04-2014

What do you love most about Jamaica?
This board is getting too negative due to the sad events of late. We have a reputation for negativity and my aim is to prove we are not so bad.
While I do not believe in spinning the truth - i do believe we all can say something positive about the land we all love (or else we wouldn't be here).

I have to go to swim class - ill share my love when i return

Have a great day everyone -

RE: Jamaica Love - JonTom - 08-04-2014

The people.

Sure not ALL the people, and perhaps not all the time, but still... the people.
Can't even claim to know what is genuine and what is not, but don't bother myself thinking about it too much anymore.

RE: Jamaica Love - macyoder - 08-04-2014

The beauty but now mostly the pictures

RE: Jamaica Love - Kandm - 08-04-2014

The beach and laid back attitude. When I was first looking into going to Jamaica and doing research on which part we should visit, when I read Capital of Casual in regards to Negril, I knew that is where I would start.

I love the option of leaving the room in the morning in my bathing suit and a cover up, throwing a pair of shorts and a T-Shirt in my bag and knowing I can stay on the beach all day and have endless options of just walking the beach for places to eat and or groove to some music without ever having to go back to my room to change and or "PRETTY UP" if I don't want to.

That to me is the essence of vacation-eating when I am hungry, resting when Im tired and dancing when the mood strikes-all of which can be done right there on the beach

RE: Jamaica Love - Westenders - 08-04-2014

The people too

I love the way that Jamaicans help each other in little ways, for eg, when you have good food you share with your neighbours as the next time you might be the one who needs a little hand.

I love that Jamaicans sit and chat about absolutely anything during the evening sun, and put the world to rights over a game of dominoes or a beer. They take time to speak to their neighbours, and don't go home and watch TV all night.

I love it when Jamaicans sing, everyone's a singer, and the sometimes impromptu moments when someone belts out a tune brightens the day.

I love the way that Jamaicans unite and take pride in their homelands achievements, watching grown people cry when usain and shellyann won in the Olympics in 2012' blew my mind.

I love the lush green countryside, in contrast to the sand and the beautiful turquoise sea.
I love the eclectic housing, with every house different, board, wall, mansion.

I love the love, respect and acceptance that has been shown to me over the years. If I'm walking somewhere, people we know will stop, check I'm ok, see if I need a ride.

I love that you can end up having some fantastic conversations with complete strangers without agenda.

I love to see the children playing, making basic games and laughing, which I don't see in the city's as kids don't play out in the community where I live, too much fear of risks.

Just a snapshot of the Jamaica I love.

RE: Jamaica Love - suzengrace - 08-04-2014

The natural beauty of the island..from the beaches, cliffs, mountains,the rivers, caves, water falls...Such diversity .....all on one island.....

right now that is what comes to my mind and what i long to see again.....

and cant forget you peeps here-ones i've been lucky enough to meet in person and those i know thru this board or thru our similar bonds of Jam.....

RE: Jamaica Love - booger - 08-04-2014

Well said Westenders. I would type out a long reply, however much of it would look like your feedback.

For me it is the vibe.......

RE: Jamaica Love - kaycee - 08-04-2014

The people (I can sit downtown at the ice cream place and people watch for hours) and the vibe ( no need to rush or be stressed).

RE: Jamaica Love - daniel - 08-04-2014

(08-04-2014, 02:24 PM)Westenders Wrote:  The people too

I love the way that Jamaicans help each other in little ways, for eg, when you have good food you share with your neighbours as the next time you might be the one who needs a little hand.

I love that Jamaicans sit and chat about absolutely anything during the evening sun, and put the world to rights over a game of dominoes or a beer. They take time to speak to their neighbours, and don't go home and watch TV all night.

I love it when Jamaicans sing, everyone's a singer, and the sometimes impromptu moments when someone belts out a tune brightens the day.

I love the way that Jamaicans unite and take pride in their homelands achievements, watching grown people cry when usain and shellyann won in the Olympics in 2012' blew my mind.

I love the lush green countryside, in contrast to the sand and the beautiful turquoise sea.
I love the eclectic housing, with every house different, board, wall, mansion.

I love the love, respect and acceptance that has been shown to me over the years. If I'm walking somewhere, people we know will stop, check I'm ok, see if I need a ride.

I love that you can end up having some fantastic conversations with complete strangers without agenda.

I love to see the children playing, making basic games and laughing, which I don't see in the city's as kids don't play out in the community where I live, too much fear of risks.

Just a snapshot of the Jamaica I love.

can't add much to sum up my feelings ... the openness ,and ease of conversation ,with deep thinking individuals, has always been something special about Jamaica .

RE: Jamaica Love - daniel - 08-04-2014

(08-04-2014, 03:30 PM)booger Wrote:  For me it is the vibe.......

The vibe ...
I could waste a lot of words on this . I laugh more ,and , a lot harder, in Jamaica . The easy, laid back , vs. ,
the sharp as a razor mysticism ., has always been intriguing .