The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Disabled mistreated in JA - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Disabled mistreated in JA (/showthread.php?tid=100469)

Disabled mistreated in JA - Pineapple - 08-03-2014

Didn't want to highjack another thread but had to respond to
Macyoder's : "Sadly, it's not limited to gays but children, dogs, women, and disabled (SEEN IT). "

I've SEEN IT too Mac and it was just sickening. Last trip Sophie and I were chatting William on the beach. He asked us to help him get his money sorted out. He had US and JA dollars -- some singles and a couple of $5 / $500 (thank you generous people). After we had it all sorted and in different pockets he asked if we'd walk him to the road so he could go home. Having a feeling Merrills might not like us cutting through (even though we were staying there) we opted for Yellow Bird (we've stayed there many times). As we started up from the beach David started yelling rude comments to us "leave that crazy man on the beach hahaha", " why you walking with the crazy man?" I was shocked.

We got William across the street and started to hail a taxi. He told us "they won't stop for me". We thought surely he must be kidding. But try as we might we couldn't get a taxi to take William. They would stop but as soon as we indicated that the ride was for William, they flew out of there. Taxi after taxi after taxi. Some said "Him rude". . . really, you never deal with rude riders? We were there for at least 15 minutes (you know that is a long time to not get a route taxi to pick you up). We were about to give up (it was hot has hell and I was standing on the side of the road in my dripping wet swimsuit -- yes they would pick up someone in a dripping wet swimsuit but not a poor blind guy). William asked that we stay a few more minutes. Finally we got someone to stop, explained the situation, showed them William had his fare in his hand and they said yes.

What a wonderful Christian country. Punta Cana and Belize are looking pretty good about now. Sure, there might be the same BS there but I don’t know that for sure and I’ve seen it and experienced it Jamaica.

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - oldtimer - 08-03-2014

That was very kind of you. I have seen him robbed by a pack of young guys by the Zinc wall between Merrill's and Travellers. Sometimes when we took a cab back to Cottontree we would take him in the cab and then pay for his ride home . He is a very nice young man who CERTAINLY !!!!! is a victim of bullying !!!

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - Schuttzie - 08-03-2014

Pineapple and Sophie, you were very compassionate and kind to this poor man. Bless you both! It is horrible how cruel people can be, for sure.

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - Sophie - 08-03-2014

This was a very strange experience for me. I don't even know how to describe it. I couldn't even react to the name calling. It was as if it was so foreign to me that my brain couldn't process it and tell me for sure it was happening. Shock??? I don't know because I have never been so shocked that I didn't reply by cussing someone to everything I could think of. It had to be shock though huh? For hours after the whole incident I still felt as if I was having some sort of out of body experience........cause something like this couldn't have really happened right? In a normal sane world a grown man wouldn't make fun of and harass a blind kid- right?

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - macyoder - 08-03-2014

Well, try growing up suffering from heart problem and rheumatoid arthritis . Unable to walk from joint pain but getting beaten for making it to school late.

I will be back but need to get on the treadmill to deal with my weight issues.

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - suzengrace - 08-03-2014

Pineapple and Sophie You gals are the best !!!........

Theres a clinc out near my place in the country,only open a few days, no supplies, really not much...but they do let some of the homeless camp next to the perimeter of there property..sadly, many of them are women with aids/hiv with no place to go, even more sad-some of them have young daughters they send "out to the lane" to make $$ and help them out.....if your family doest/cant/wont take care of you,theres really no other safety net to help these poor souls,,,..and also, the cycle continues down to next generation...

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - macyoder - 08-03-2014

(08-03-2014, 12:43 AM)Pineapple Wrote:  . Sure, there might be the same BS there but I don’t know that for sure and I’ve seen it and experienced it Jamaica.

We have heard it once, twice, and by now a million times, it's not only in Jamaica,,,,hmmm. So far, I have missed it in other Christian place or not so Christian.

Have you considered Costa Rica, my next stop? Maybe a Western Caribbean cruise with Belize and Roatan as ports. Mexico is pretty awesome, especailly south of Cancun. Let's throw Hawaii in the mix, beautiful beaches to the max.

Hitting the treadmill again! Crying

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - kaycee - 08-03-2014

Poor guy. Thanks for helping him.

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - jitterbug - 08-03-2014

every time i see william i try to help him. sometimes he asks to give water for the dogs that are walking with him. i support william.

a lot of jamaican hustlers on the beach are rude thugs with no conscience!!! never mind the ignorance . . . i could go on and on . . .

RE: Disabled mistreated in JA - Sundowner - 08-04-2014

I watched a bunch of Jetski guys harass him right by Mama Flo's one day. He had a bottle of water and they took it from him and were pouring it on him. Both Addena and I lost it and screamed at them. An older Jamaican man was sitting nearby, watching, and he couldn't understand why we were so upset - he told us they were just "having fun with him". Unbelievable insensitivity. No wonder the brutal crime rate is so high with this kind of mentality.