The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica (/showthread.php?tid=100462)

US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - Blues Pirate - 07-31-2014

From OGN,
The U.S. Embassy in a message on its website requested that all American Citizens to be aware and exercise caution when travelling in Jamaica. According to the US Embassy, Jamaica is currently facing severe drought conditions, which have dried out much of the brush and underlying vegetation throughout the country. It added that because of these dry conditions, fires can start unexpectedly and move or change direction quickly. A copy of the press release can be viewed below.

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - kim in socal - 07-31-2014

Wonder if there is one for Cali as we are in a much worse drought condition than JA...Add in earthquakes and you better just stay away...

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - macyoder - 07-31-2014

Many areas in Jamaica lack equipment needed to deal with certain disasters. Not all towns have fire station or hospitals. Add all the 'smoking' and things could get hot real quickly.

New advisory- be careful where you light your spliff.

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - rastagirl777 - 07-31-2014

The advisory should also include CONSERVE WATER. Don't take long showers, turn the water off when you brush your teeth, don't ask housekeeping to change the towels and sheets everyday (in fact, demand that they do not)...etc. And yes, don't throw lit spliff or cigarettes on the ground.

Kim, you took the words right out of my mouth - I also wonder if there are advisories out about traveling in California where we are having one of our worst droughts in years. What a waste of an advisory - a cry wolf kinda thing.

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - booger - 07-31-2014

Businesses in So Cal are now getting fined $500 an occurrence for using water between 7am-9pm unless your plants are in distress. Sure this is the first of many steps to gain some capital. It's only a matter of time till the fires start.... The arsonist are beating off to the weather reports growing impatient awaiting the Santa Ana winds.

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - rastagirl777 - 07-31-2014

Fires have already started in my neck of the woods.

I don't get this: "unless your plants are in distress"
Now - they are not talking your rose plants, right? Geez I hope not. I'm hoping more food related plants like on farms and such.

I'm glad I live in a town where the water is just flat out expensive on a small water system and we don't get fined, we just pay through the nose. I've always conserved water, or at least, since I've moved to California so its second nature to me. This summer we are having a catchment system put in so our "plants don't get distressed" next season. Now, if it rains that is....here's to hoping for lots and lots of rain this winter and making it till November until it starts.

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - booger - 07-31-2014

Rastagirl,
How many businesses do you know that are watering roses?

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - Van - 07-31-2014

Really? An advisory for that? Sure it is a serious issue locally but to me not enough to issue a warning. I guess some govt office employee needs to have a make work project to issue advisories that are nonsense. No wonder Americans are afraid to travel.

RE: US Embassy Issues travel Advisory to Jamaica - gerryg123 - 08-03-2014

lol, if PEOPLE are in distress, don't give 'em water. If plants, that's ok.