The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Big Bamboo - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Big Bamboo (/showthread.php?tid=100451)

Big Bamboo - Firemon - 07-28-2014

"If you put a bamboo (or other water based plants) in nothing but water, they'll grow. But where does the physical matter for the plant come from?"

http://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/2bxtc3/where_does_the_matter_of_a_bamboo_come_from/

Saw the above thread on reddit and decided to share. Found the answer most surprising.

Here's a photo I took of a highway (en route to Kingston from Negril) lined with bamboo known as Bamboo Alley.

RE: Big Bamboo - captaind on Zion Hill - 07-28-2014

(07-28-2014, 10:11 AM)Firemon Wrote:  Here's a photo I took of a highway (en route to Kingston from Negril) lined with bamboo known as Bamboo Alley.

The actual name of the district is Holland Bamboo

RE: Big Bamboo - Sharleen - 07-29-2014

I have a really beautiful hand painted oil painting of Bamboo Alley in my living room, I just love it! Oh yeah, I do spend some amount of time at work on the internet on this site -- have to laugh.. first off, the red/gold/green really draws attention if a co-worker is walking by my office. Second, things like COCK as well as BIG BAMBOO really draws attention (thanks, either to lostbeachbum or Rambo, can't remember which one of your headliners had that subject message).
Really severe weather up my way, I am usually in JA this time of year for all the Independence Day celebrations / stage shows.
I am trying to adopt a dog/puppy, I thought she was in my immediate area and just got an email today she is in Arkansas, they evidently will transport her free of charge to the New England area where I would have to drive to & get her. I was pretty shocked by this, it looked like she was 14 miles from my home.

RE: Big Bamboo - macyoder - 07-29-2014

I know I am not the only who looked cockeyed at the heading :-)

I saw this on my on my trips, lovely to stroll along.

RE: Big Bamboo - kylake - 07-30-2014

Thanks Firemon, I always assumed mostly from the soil.

RE: Big Bamboo - Firemon - 08-01-2014

I brought some bamboo home and crafted a couple projects (namely a smoking device with a water chamber
and a picture frame).

The fairly recently passed Jacko (Roots Bamboo's former signmaker) was the painter.