The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
So...why do you go to Negril? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: So...why do you go to Negril? (/showthread.php?tid=100444)

Pages: 1 2 3

So...why do you go to Negril? - captaind on Zion Hill - 07-26-2014

Hopefully this next trip in two weeks will be my last stay in Negril.

From now on I'm living in Spring Garden again. Thank GOD

Never liked Negril that much after 1976.

So what's the attraction?

I'm really interested to know why folks keep going back to that town.

Regards

Cap

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - Likkle Red - 07-26-2014

I go into Negril to get groceries, to swim and to go out for a nice meal with friends. The most time I spend in Negril is when my sister, husband and three other couples come on vacation. Then I am on the beach with them most days. Other than that, I am content to stay at my home in orange bay.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - jitterbug - 07-26-2014

no other beach like it in jamaica, size wise . . .

for me it's the beach . . . lots of things i don't like about negril but the beach makes up for the not so nice things . . .

also the friendships i've formed with folks.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - macyoder - 07-26-2014

1. Calm beach

2. Affordable accommodation

3. All the 'offerings come to you' from beef patties to Big Bamboo

Negril is the only place I booked a vacation and walked away thinking I made a mistake. The travel forums did not mention the the crap you have to put up with that distract from the beauty. The beach is incredibly beautiful and if you can find the right spot, heaven.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - Sharleen - 07-27-2014

I love to stay right on the edge of the sea in the west end's cliffs... just so NICE to get up really early in the morning right on the seaside of those beautiful cliffs. Sometimes the sea is really calm, sometimes the sea is really rough. It's the lighthouse area of Negril I'm talking about.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - rastagirl777 - 07-27-2014

Wow. Loaded question because the Negril I fell in love with is not the Negril I am in love with now, not by a long shot. In the Negril I fell in love with the beach was TRULY beautiful not like today where's its a mini-Las Vegas with sand. West End Road was slow and unpaved - so slow and unpaved walking from point A to point B mid-cliff in the middle of the road was not unheard of. There were fewer people - because the road to get there was so tretcherous tourists flocked to more accessible locations such as Ochi and MoBay and left "our little Negril" pretty much alone. So did the opportunists from other parts of the island.

It was the Wild West though - for a kid like me that was exciting - the ganga, the vibe as edgy as the cliffs it rested on. Its edgy now but for much different reasons. Back then everyone was a "pioneer" or native Negrilian. Now, it seems to be all about the glitz and glam and $$$$$$$.

So, about 12 years ago I welcomed the "push" back Deep West. This was more like the Negril I fell in love with - a slower pace (hey, the "nice road" ends once it turns south - its paved but not "maintained", not sure yet if this is a good thing or not but the few cars that come by don't at break-neck speeds) - its a community, not a line-up of resorts, hotels and restaurants. Life there for the time I'm there remains simple and when we venture out of the yard its to places like Zimbali (out in your neck of the woods Cap) or Half Moon Beach. Sure, we enjoy our cocktails and time at "tourist oriented" places like LTU or Canoe but also at No Limit Bar or PeeWees...every year I make it at least once to Long Bay but not for long. My last experience at Seastar was pretty dissapointing so I won't go there on a Saturday night again - but I'll enjoy their Chicken Cordon Bleu on a Wednesday evening. You won't catch me dead at Ragabones on a Monday - but I'll check in and enjoy a set-up on a Thursday afternoon or evening for sure.

Blah, blah, blah - what was the question again? Oh yeah - why do I go to Negril. In one sentence - I go to Negril year after year for months at a time to spend time with my friends and community. DN.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - macyoder - 07-27-2014

As much as I hated Negril beach I could see myself on the cliffs with a glass of wine, ok bottle, or a kegerator with Red Stripe. On the beach was like moving under the chicken coop, so much shitz was coming at you. How can a random stranger ask if you want to give your husband a bun because you made eye contact and smiled. The beach, less the chicken coop part, is amazing.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - gerryg123 - 07-27-2014

I like Negril because it's close to the ocean, and the ocean is incredible. I can't snorkel or spearfish so affordably anywhere else closer to California.

Also, I love the food. To visit all the different restaurants is fun.

I also enjoy riding my scooter through the hills on the cliffs. Can't do that in Los Angeles.

I also like to see the same people I've come to know through the years. Negril locals are generally very friendly, and it feels good to visit them.

And most of all, I enjoy staying at the Seastar Inn. I really feel at home there.

And oh yes, it's fun to ocassionally get a bit hedonistic with the girls and party favors. Got to keep it real.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - ohliz - 07-27-2014

I go to Negril only when a group that pays my way brings me. After that is done I go enjoy myself somewhere else in Jamaica.

It's fun to party there for a day or two and I like to swim, but I enjoy doing those things a lot more in other parts of the country.

RE: So...why do you go to Negril? - kylake - 07-27-2014

The beach, snorkeling and the food. No higglers where we stay at PV.

First trip was on the main beach at CoCo but just too much stuff going on in that area for our taste. That said,CoCo is a very nice place, just to busy and the music (bass beat) from left and right of the property would not allow us to sleep at night.