The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap (/showthread.php?tid=100440)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

RE: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - Schuttzie - 07-25-2014

I wonder if you can do that with paypal as my account there is tied to my credit card. Hmmm.

RE: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - oldtimer - 07-25-2014

Well Macy...All I can say at this point is "you can take Macy out of Jamaica but you can't take Jamaica out of Macy ",,,hehehe.. can I beg you a trip

RE: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - jitterbug - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 03:32 AM)Tim Wrote:  You sure seem to have the CC points deals figured out. I'm not disciplined enough to keep zero balances, plus we can't pay utilities with credit cards.
Right now all we have is AirMiles. It worked out good for our trip overseas. On top of the airmiles we paid about $600 Canadian each return from Saskatoon. If flying from home was even close to what is cost in the U.S. we would travelling much more often. I always read what people pay to fly to Jamaica from various places in the US and I just shake my head. We really pay to fly from the great white north.

me too tim, i just collect airmiles . . . i sometimes say thank god our airfares are so expensive or i'd be in jamaica every couple of months!!

RE: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - rastagirl777 - 07-25-2014

You go Macy! I have my two go-two mileage cards - American Express (its for business so five of my "staff" have my card and they put "points" on it for me) and my two American Airlines cards. That and I fly for business on an average of once a month and I'm flying to Europe next week...I not only get the miles I need each year for hub and I to fly first class to Jamaica (haven't "paid" for a ticket to fly to Jamaican in I don't know how many years) but I get elite status on American, which, because I fly so much - is SO valuable to me.

RE: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - macyoder - 07-25-2014

(07-25-2014, 07:59 AM)oldtimer Wrote:  Well Macy...All I can say at this point is "you can take Macy out of Jamaica but you can't take Jamaica out of Macy ",,,hehehe.. can I beg you a trip

Let's talk about beg for a second. The Bible says ask and it shall be given. In all my trips, I have asked for and gotten an upgrade or the best room or view in the category that I booked.

Upgrade - We booked the Grand Hyatt Regency in Kauai for free ($595 per night). At check in I explained this is a vacation of a lifetime (they all are) so I would much appreciate a courtesy (free) upgrade if one is available. I got upgraded to direct pool and acess to the spa room ($650 per night). We spent 4 nights using the 2 free nights each given on the Hyatt card after one purcahse. I bought a pack of gum at the .99 store.

Best room - I booked the Times Square Sheraton (Starwood card) and asked for a complimentary upgrade because this was the trip of a lifetime (mi a pus wid many lives). They can only offer certain rooms booked on points but they moved me to a room with a nice view of Times Square. ($345 per night) .

I have never gotten a room with a bad view, because I sometimes add I want the view that reminds me of their beauty. Yes, I am Jamaican and can blow smoke though not from weed. I don't travel for a living just for FUN.

(07-25-2014, 06:17 AM)Schuttzie Wrote:  I wonder if you can do that with paypal as my account there is tied to my credit card. Hmmm.

Paypal might process it as a cash advance. One of the best offers right now is the Barclays Arrive with 40K points after $3K in 3 months, which is $430 towards travel. Create 2 an Amazon payment accounts for you and your husband. Send him or someone you trust $1K each month then easily spend the next $1K on groceries, gas, phone, cable, maybe auto insurance. This card is great because of 2 percent back on all purchases and 0 percent for the fist year.

I use lots of discounted gift cards. So for Walmart I get their gift card for 2-3 percent off and use the Arrive card to pay for it getting another 2 percent.

RE: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - Schuttzie - 07-25-2014

I just set up a second Amazon account for hubby and will try it out. Thanks, Macy!

The question I always get even from my hubby, does this affect my credit score. The answer is yes but not to the point it should matter. Put it this way, high credit score is like big tits. After a certain size, it's really a waste. If you are in the market for a mortgage, it might not be the best time.

However my hubby I would not trust to do this. I have a difficult time explaining, you are not helping me with points by buying a keg of your favorite beer.

Keep an eye for offers you get in the mail. They are targeted offers with better bonuses. They are soft hit on your credit, so getting those won't affect your credit score. Oh yeah, in my previous life I used to be a banker.

@Schuttzie - any questions just post them here.

What's in my wallet :

Frontier card offered up to 2 free airlines tickets after spending only $500

Barclay Arrive - 40K points after spending $3k in 3 months with 2 percent back on everything

Chase Sapphire - $45K points these I will sell @1.3 cents per point

Southwest (Business) - 2 free airlines ticket.

RE: My Guilty Pleasure - Free or Cheap - jitterbug - 07-25-2014

macy, that's too much work for me . . .