The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
A month was enough - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: A month was enough (/showthread.php?tid=100437)

Pages: 1 2

A month was enough - LostBeachBum - 07-23-2014

Well, seems like a month was enough for me. Had to head back early for a family party and Im just gonna stay gone. I had fun and got to relax while I worked on some recipes, caught up with old friends, have some new stories and got about 10k words done on my book....

Its figures things had finally calmed down with the locals and begging. I was starting to settle in. In the end though, the Jamaica of today is not the Jamaica I fell in love with as a kid more than 20 years ago. Though I will be back for sure when my friend finishes her cabin.

Its been a very humbling few months and I've been forced to make some important decisions. Looks like I'm going to settle down for a while. Tired of moving around, the chase and constant goodbyes. I have a few interesting options. All of them involve me starting something small of my own and cooking. I dont have enough cash left to start my little dream restaurant/bar on the beach but I've gotta start somewhere and soon. Funny enough, Jerk is what I plan on selling when I open. It's either going to be Berlin, Germany, Phnom Penh, Cambodia or Gulfport/St Pete, FL. Going to take the next month or so to do some more research then I'm off to start a new chapter. I'll stop in once in a while like always when I think of Jamaica or have pictures of my rasta colored food truck/converted tuk tuk! If I get bored in the next few days I'll play with the uploader and post a bunch of food photos.

Bless up!!

RE: A month was enough - macyoder - 07-23-2014

" In the end though, the Jamaica of today is not the Jamaica I fell in love with as a kid more than 20 years ago."

Sad but true. Enjoy your new adventure!

RE: A month was enough - suzengrace - 07-23-2014

well keep us up to date...Good luck ...

RE: A month was enough - Tim - 07-23-2014

Best of luck to you. There's not enough places in the world to get a good meal of jerk.
Where I live the only place is our kitchen. Still have a good supply of Walkerswood.

RE: A month was enough - jitterbug - 07-23-2014

enjoyed reading about your jamaican expriences . . . thank you.
wishing you luck in all that you want to accomplish.

RE: A month was enough - kylake - 07-23-2014

Hey, check out Gulf Shores on the FL/AL border in the pandhandle. Best of luck and if GS does work out for a dream location let us know as we travel to LA (lower Alabama) once a year to visit friends. Lots of great seafood also in that area.

RE: A month was enough - Angel - 07-23-2014

Wishing you luck where ever you end up. Hope you post some pics and recipes.

RE: A month was enough - Sharleen - 07-25-2014

I can totally understand, I have loved JA forever, resident for many years leaving every six months as required. This was in the 1970's. Things got REALLY weird about in 1976 or so.
I have still travelled to JA throughout the years and lots and lots of times after three weeks or so "I can't WAIT to get out of this place"... About ten years or so ago I kind of lost the ability to drive there,just SO stressful with all of the speeding drivers, all of the crazy drivers... So then I have had to go out onto the street. GOD, some of those freaking people... beggy beggy. I do understand they are really and mostly are just hungry but it does get tired to be hit up so much on the street with this and that story.

RE: A month was enough - Schuttzie - 07-26-2014

I've so enjoyed your stories of the adventures you have had. I wish you all the best on your next journey. You should also check out Manasota Key, FL...a sleepy little island that is so quaint and laid back. We loved it there!

RE: A month was enough - Vicky - 07-26-2014

All the best to you Beachbum in your new journeys ! You sound like such a free spirit .. Love it ! Keep us posted and still waiting for some food pics .... Maybe a recipe here or there :-)