The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests (/showthread.php?tid=100422)

Pages: 1 2

Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - macyoder - 07-19-2014

Do you guys get lots of house guests.

This year we will host 20 people, staying with us. Since my hubby is into cycling, when a female team doing the Redlands Classic needed a host family we volunteered. That was 5 beautiful ladies and their mangers so 7 total. My sister and her family of 4 recently visited from Canada. Most summer we host foreign exchange students, so currently we have 4 students from France, Italy, Spain and Hong Kong. In August one of my students and her family of 3 will visit me from Denmark. Finally, 2 of my nieces will joining of for Thanksgiving, which is a meal prepare for about 30. This summer I got a great deal on an Alaska cruise but couldn't go because my sister was visiting.

RW, must recall the invite who wants to join us for a bar-b-que? Next trip to Canada, I am visiting OT. I already visited Wit :-) Suzangrace, need to have that drink next time I check in on my son.

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - rootswoman - 07-19-2014

Macy - I certainly do!

Talk about the hostess with the mostess -
Macy is one Jamaican who does not leave you on the verandah, she opens her doors wide and says "come on in"

One morning, a few years ago, Ms Macy and I were both drinking our morning coffee and typing away here on the yellow board. We were still living in LA so Macy was just about an hour, or so, drive away from us.

Now we had never met and didn't even really know each other that well online but Macy said "What are you doing today"?

It was a Sunday, and we didn't have any plans. She then says "well come on over for a BBQ "
I asked Dread and he said "Why not - sounds like fun"

We arrived and Macy greeted us with open arms (and a nice cold beer - they have a special keg fridge that is always running!) There was a bunch of people eating - neighbors and friends who apparently were regulars at Villa Macy. The Prince (Macys dear Hubby) took it all in stride and pretty much did his own thing. (After a delicious plate of BBQ, Macy entertained with lots off jokes and laughter while we floated around in her beautiful swimming pool.

It was such a delightful afternoon. I was so comfortable I was ready to move in. Is that camper still there? lol

All I can say is your guests are very lucky and I know they will have a terrific time.
And No -not crazy - just easy going and fun.

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - Likkle Red - 07-19-2014

Growing up on a lake in northern Michigan, we often had guests. I remember the camp across the lake needing a place for the campers to came camp out at for a night and my mom saying bring them on! Over 20 canoes with 2 campers in each docked at our property and spent the night singing around the campfire by the lake, cooking their hotdogs and having fun. Sleeping bags were all over the lawn and they all left the next morning after breakfast and clean up. It was so much fun that they came for many summers.

Always had relatives visiting and friends sleeping over so I understand where you are coming from Macy...my mom always had an open door policy.

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - jitterbug - 07-19-2014

wish i was closer . . .

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - macyoder - 07-19-2014

Jitterbug, yeah, California is on the far side. If Hawaii is a dream destination it's possible with a stop over at Villa Macy. East destination to California and them a package deal from California to Hawaii. It costs me less to vacation in Hawaii than Jamaica. Hawaii is low season in the winter months so went in February. If you were in the US I could tell you how to do this for free or dirt cheap.

We ended up with the cyclists because they really needed some place to stay. It did not hurt my hubby to have 5 beautiful ladies in the house and me too. Eventually the Italians are coming but a team with Jamaican male riders are also welcome:-)

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - Angel - 07-19-2014

Macyoder you have a kind heart in so many ways. Glad you have come back to post when you get a chance, stick around please. Can I trade you for a neighbor? Well maybe a couple of them ;-) Have a great weekend. Hey can you get Dragon Stout down there? Can't get it in NorCal :-) may have to look again.

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - macyoder - 07-19-2014

Angel, thank you. I often get a bottle of two from someone returning. We mostly drink a light Ale, Smithwick.

Today I spent time with 4 great teens that weren't even my own. We have hosted at least 25 teens from 11 different countries over the past 13 years, volunteer. The youngest being 13 years old from China. Most speak basic English with a few fluent.

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - macyoder - 07-21-2014

In my house we currently have Jamaican, Americans, German/Amish, French , Italian, Spanish and Asian.

The Canadians just left and the Danes are coming. So what's for dinner, Mexican of course.

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - macyoder - 08-20-2014

#15, 17 and 18 just left, returned to Denmark.

7 from Texas
4 from Canada
3 from Denmark
1 from France
1 from Italy
1 from Hong Kong
1 from Spain

I will leave the light on with the key under the mat. Don't empty the keg with my favorite beer, if I am not home.

In November I will host 30 for Thanksgiving, so it will be 25 lbs turkey, 15 lbs ham, 5 lbs prime rib.

RE: Am I Crazy....20 House Guests - Schuttzie - 08-20-2014

Sounds like you are a wonderful hostess, Macy, with a huge heart. Many blessings to you!