The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Music - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Music (/showthread.php?tid=100408)

Music - booger - 07-11-2014

This video reminded me of the impromptu music I seem to come across in Negril.

Our last trip we decided to check out Drifter's and get a beer bucket special. I have only seen Seastar do beer bucket specials, more common in Mexico, and for good reason. So we pull up and a family was there and one of them starts belting out some Janis as well as other tunes. She was DAMN good and soon, who I'm guessing is an aunt or her Momma, jumps in and joins along. It was good entertainment and soon they moved on to the next bar. A couple of minutes later after a local who had just finished a guitar string repair starts up and out comes Tree litter birds. I felt bad but had to ask him to sing a song he likes to sing. The next 15 or so minutes were yet again DAMN good.

We picked up and headed N towards the AI's and stopped at a few places here and there, picked up a few paintings, beers and soon enough we were at the bar right before CSA. Cosmos?

A couple of minutes later a man starts singing and this man sang with some soul. He goes by Icebox and in person after a good day of partying he sounds DAMN good. His CD frankly is hard to listen too, so I'm left wondering was he that good.........

Looking forward to seeing Ziggy next week with some good friends.

RE: Music - Tanfastic - 07-11-2014

Booger my good friend from back East was witness to this, he is in charge of a Christian Charity Org, sent me his cell phone video a while back of the majority of this event. So powerful and moving, watching the entire video still brings a tear to my eye. Thanks for posting, hope all is well and the family is good!

RE: Music - booger - 07-12-2014

What a small world...

Hey Tantastic, thanks to you sir and glad to see you are on the mend as well. Ever so often when I need a dose of humanity I put it on. Next thing you know my wife and I are singing along, occasional outburst throughout the night.

RE: Music - oldtimer - 07-12-2014

Wonderful vibes there !!!!

RE: Music - Westenders - 07-12-2014

Truly beautiful, thanks for posting that.

I'm off to do some work with homeless teenagers this evening, and I'm going to play this for them, especially loved when Daniel said " no I'm making it"
Positivity and belief, brilliant!

Another demonstration of the power of music and lyrics that Jamaicans and Caribbean people value to guide them in their lives.

RE: Music - kylake - 07-12-2014

Nice post Booger!
I got to searching to see if Danny (the homeless person) ever got to record this with Carlos Whittaker. It seems Carlos never really got any type of contact info or made arrangements with Danny. Carlos was never able to find Danny again. That is sad!. Carlos went on to record the song but without Danny.
The guy with the boom mic should be hung for the lousy job he did!
I am going to post a link to the final recording below. I am not posting this really for the recording. Use the direct link to youtube and read the comments people made about Danny.......that I thought was interesting.
Hopefully someone, somewhere will see Danny as he deserves a recording contract that might turn his life around.

RE: Music - booger - 07-12-2014

Thank you Kylake. Must say I have a great appreciation for your knowledge of music. Many of us connect in different ways, but the sound of music trumpets all else.