The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How I spent my summer vacation - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How I spent my summer vacation (/showthread.php?tid=100406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 08-13-2014

Really nice report, Tim! Loving all the scenic pictures...just so lovely!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 08-13-2014

I stopped a few more times before the finish so I could take more pictures of Rosie and the scenery. Even as she neared the finish Rosie still had a smile on her face. Her race took her to some very scenic areas, and a variety of terrain, but mostly flat till a depressing uphill close to the finish.
She crossed the finish line in a really good time considering it was only her second marathon, and finished 6th in her age group. I was really proud of her, she worked hard to prepare for it.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Sharleen - 08-13-2014

Have a great time, it sounds like a really really special vacation for sure! My grandfather hails from Amsterdam, I have always wanted to go there but haven't been there yet.
My mother is from South Wales & I have gone there almost every year since I was five years old. Really LONG transatlantic trips since she would not go on an airplane... Consequently a trip on a cruise ship is OUT for me.. those trips were kind of hard, it was just such a relief to see the White Cliffs of Dover.
Have a wonderful time and please post your pictures and just stuff about your experiences, we would all love to hear about your vacation!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 08-13-2014

Views from her course...

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 08-14-2014

What a beautiful inspiring scene to run the marathon!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 08-14-2014

The rest of our time in Fussen was spent walking around the town, although we didn't go very far from the hotel. A couple highlights were a huge church and part of an old castle. The pictures inside the church don't show just how amazing it was in there.
The old building with the "painted" illusions are from 1499, and I read they are original.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 08-14-2014

more pics

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 08-15-2014

Wow, how beautiful!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 08-18-2014

The following morning we made the short walk to the train station after picking up a couple fresh coffees. One of the things I really enjoy here is how coffee is always made fresh, never out of a pot. And strong too, yum yum.
Todays train ride would be fairly short - about 90 minutes back to Munich then a short wait before leaving for Kitzbuhel, Austria. Out of our entire trip, Kitzbuhel was the one place I wanted to see. As a long time skier/snowboarder, I have always been interested in the world cup downhill races. If you aren't familiar, the downhill is the fastest, most dangerous ski race. And the course in Kitzbuhel, the Hahnenkahm is known is the most difficult race of all of them. Although it was summer, I wanted to go to the mountain where the race is held just to see where it takes place. It turned out great, we were able to join a free guided tour which included going into the maintenance area where all the cable cars are kept as well as a few storage areas where snow makers, race gates etc are stored. It was a long tour, from the top of the mountain we were taken to the building where the starting gate is, and followed the entire race course down to the base of the mountain. The race is really exciting to watch on TV, but to actually be there to see in person how steep the course is just made it more scary. Shortly out of the start hut the racers hit a drop where they fly about 80 meters at well over 100km/hr, and near the bottom they hit around 140km/hr, with lots of drop offs and tight turns in between. And we learned how they apply water to the course so its basically like a skating rink, not snow. Our guide explained how even a excellent skier would struggle to ski down the course because of the ice, but the world cup racers need it this way. Yikes.
Will show some pictures of the mountain but by no way can they show the grade of the drops.
I have kind of a funny story regarding our hotel in Kitzbuhel but will save it till next entry.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 08-18-2014

a few more.....