The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How I spent my summer vacation - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How I spent my summer vacation (/showthread.php?tid=100406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - suzengrace - 07-23-2014

outstanding

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-24-2014

(07-23-2014, 07:49 PM)kylake Wrote:  My wife has been to Europe but I never have. Thanks so much for taking time to post your report and pictures. The world is a big place and it is interesting to see more of it.

That's my story too kylake. When my wife was a lot younger she toured around for a couple months. It wasn't really huge on my priority list of travel spots, but it has been spectacular so far, not much doubt we will be back. It is literally like a different world here.

Our main reason for travelling to Fussen was that we had found a marathon/half marathon there during the time we would be in Europe. Rosie wanted to run a marathon to celebrate her 40th birthday (it's tomorrow, I better remember LOL). We have both run several half marathons and she ran a full about 5 years ago. But it turned out to be a place I will never forget. From the scenery to the castles and everything in between, it was all good. Our hotel turned out to be on the main pedestrian area with our room on the 3rd floor overlooking the street. The 2 big windows opened like a door so you could really watch the happenings the small bit of time we were actually in the room. The hotel was about a 3 or 4 minute walk from the train station, and we found it quickly. We arrived the day before the half marathon, which started at 6:30PM, so we spent the first day just walking around. It is right on the edge of the alps so lots of steep roads and sidewalks. Just what I needed to warm up for my run. Once again it was sunny and very hot, in the low 30's.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Kandm - 07-24-2014

Clap Clap Clap...so enjoying this report and your pictures are breath taking

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 07-24-2014

I so agree, great pictures!!! I'm really enjoying your travels, Tim.

Later in the afternoon we decided to rent a couple of mountain bikes to make it easier to see more of the area. We had planned on going to the Neuschwanstein castle later during our stay but the bikes would make it a lot easier to access so off we went. It was only about 5kms from town to the base of the mountain where it sits. We locked the bikes and went to the ticket office to see if we could still get in and got lucky. They only do guided tours and we were able to get tickets for the final English tour of the day. To access the castle you have a few choices - bus, horse carriage, or walk. We decided to use foot power. Part way up there was a short cut that was a lot steeper as well as just dirt/gravel that led to the Marienbridge, a bit higher and beyond the castle. It was a good hike but not really long, maybe 30 minutes, and well worth it.
Both the castle and bridge were built in the 1800's. The castle was built over the partial ruins of one much older.
I really can't describe well enough how breathtaking it was inside. We were shown pretty much every room that was completed (much of it was never completed as King Ludwig died shortly after it was built) From the painting on the walls and ceilings, the incredible fixtures hanging from the ceilings, the woodwork, mosaic floors, the huge kitchen with all the ceramic stoves and copper cookware, etc, etc. We were strictly told no photographs, and I complied. It was well worth the effort to get up there, I wish I could share the memories with photos. I did get some nice outside shots though. I took some from the Marienbridge as well as some from the windows of the castle (that was allowed).
If you look closely in the last picture there are parasailers high above the castle, I zoomed in as far as I could.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - kylake - 07-24-2014

Outstanding and thoroughly enjoying the report and pictures. Were the high shots from the tallest castle tower? What a vacation and thanks again for sharing!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-25-2014

Thanks kylake, we have really enjoyed our trip so far. They never took us up the towers. The pic where you see the lakes and the one where you see the marienbridge were taken from the windows on the top floor of the main building. The one with the parasailers was taken from the ground floor while we waited for our tour to start.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-25-2014

I'm going to go a bit out of sequence right now.
We are presently in Prague, Czech Republic. Last night we were touring around the old town near a very famous landmark. Lots of people gathered when from a narrow street came a very large group of people chanting "ISREAL-TERRORISTS!!, over and over; along with other slogans I can't remember or understand. They were carrying what I assume were Palestine flags. I know this is big in the news right now so I though it would be good to post it now.
It was a little freaky, the group was about 2-300 people and they were surrounded by Czech police as they made their way through the crowd and kept walking.
Our camera battery died about 20 minutes before so I didn't get any photos. Rest assured the battery is fully charged this morning and we won't be missing any more photo ops.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 07-25-2014

Oh, my that would be a bit alarming with the "mob" chanting~

The views from the castle are breath taking and magical...so beautiful!