The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How I spent my summer vacation - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How I spent my summer vacation (/showthread.php?tid=100406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-22-2014

BP- It wouldn't shock me. Yesterday on our way to Kitzbuhel, Austria we were in a front car where the "pilot" could be seen through a large glass door. I stood at the door for a bit and watched through the windshield. I could see the entire control panel including the speedometer. We were travelling 150km/hr and the tracks looked tiny as we sped along. I don't think I would want to be up front when we were going 300.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - suzengrace - 07-22-2014

oh those beer gardens look devine.making me thirsty for sure...

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 07-23-2014

That is so cool about the leaning buildings Smile I love the ceiling on the indoor beer garden, beautiful!

Oh, and that is really cheap 2.50 eu to travel inner city, my goodness. I need to travel to Europe some day...your trip has me hankering for it, lol!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Kandm - 07-23-2014

Schuttzie I agree. I never really had the desire to do the Europe thing..much more of a tropical island sit on the beach kind of gal when I think of planning vacation time. But this trip report definitely has me interested in planning a romp across Europe some day. Thanks again Tim

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - macyoder - 07-23-2014

(07-23-2014, 06:43 AM)Schuttzie Wrote:  That is so cool about the leaning buildings Smile I love the ceiling on the indoor beer garden, beautiful!

Oh, and that is really cheap 2.50 eu to travel inner city, my goodness. I need to travel to Europe some day...your trip has me hankering for it, lol!

We spent a month which was simply amazing. We flew a lot and found flying to be cheaper but next time we will take the train.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-23-2014

(07-18-2014, 11:06 AM)JonTom Wrote:  
(07-16-2014, 08:18 AM)Tim Wrote:  ... It was the first time I have gotten in a long run and was able to get high at the same time.

I have this amusing image of you toking while jogging laps around the perimeter. Is that how it worked?

Honestly I don't understand how people can run (or any type of exercise really) and smoke (anything).
When younger, one of the fastest guys on my team would take a break and smoke a cig - I couldn't believe it.
But then I've never been a smoker (OK there was that one week in 7th grade), so more power to you that can.

Enjoying the story - please continue. Would love to see pics, but I'm not able to help with the details.

Sorry JonTom I meant to respond earlier. I never actually puffed while running, just inhaled plenty of second hand ganja smoke from all the groups lighting up all over the park.

A few more pics from Munich, mostly English Gardens park...

The little orange truck passed by every 5 minutes or so. Workers would stage empty mugs on tables along the pathway and the driver fill the back of the truck.
Fish on a stick, a common site in Bavaria.
My wife standing outside the Augustiner bier garten.
In the Munich Hbf waiting for our train to Fussen.

It was only about a 2 hour train ride from Munich to Fussen. As I think I have already mentioned, travelling by train has been awesome. Really, it's probably no cheaper than flying in Europe when talking about going between big cities, but even if we had the option to fly to the small places we have been going, I would prefer the train. There is no stress, no line-ups, no waiting for luggage, and they are quite comfy. On top of that you get to see so much of the country which I really enjoy. I got chills when I could first make out the Alps as we got close to the south of Germany. It was a clear day so they could be seen from a long ways away.
These pictures were all taken from the train...

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - kylake - 07-23-2014

My wife has been to Europe but I never have. Thanks so much for taking time to post your report and pictures. The world is a big place and it is interesting to see more of it.