The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How I spent my summer vacation - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How I spent my summer vacation (/showthread.php?tid=100406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 07-22-2014

Really nice pictures, Tim! I had to look at them a couple of times, the architecture is amazing~ Thank you, so much for taking the time to post and bring us along on your trip. Keep having a wonderful time!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Kandm - 07-22-2014

I'm really enjoying reading about your travels and your pictures are an added bonus. Happy Trails!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - kylake - 07-22-2014

I guess my eye is crooked or it is an optical allusion but the one building appears to be leaning.
[attachment=964]

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 07-22-2014

I thought the same, LOL! I kept looking at it thinking it is an optical illusion, haha!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-22-2014

Gerry- sorry bud no pics of the ladies, or the she-males LOL. There were signs advising against it plus I didn't feel it would be appropriate,

Those buildings really were leaning, some are famous because of it.

Munich is a big city, over 1.5 million people, but the u-trains make it easy to get around. Our hotel was quite a ways from the hauptbahnhof (main train station), but by taking the u-train it cost 2.60 euro each and took about 15 minutes to get to our hotel. When we wanted to explore we just headed back downtown and walked from there. Most of the places we went were a short walk from the station. There are some huge old buildings that we didn't know what they are, one I had to take 2 pictures to get it all even though it had a large open area in front and I took the pics from far away.
Up until a couple days ago it had gotten hotter and sunnier every day since we arrived in Copenhagen. In Munich it was very hot and cloud free, I really wanted to jump in the river at English garden park but never had a change of clothes when we went there for our little picnic. The water sure looked inviting though. There was another beer garden in the park but it didn't compare to the Augustiner. But naturally we stopped in to get refreshed with some cold ones.
Although there are still plenty of bicycles on the streets of Munich, cars rule here, and I mean nice ones. Lots of high end BMW's, Porsche's, Mercedes etc. I was drooling over a few of them for sure.
Besides that I can't say much more about Munich, really the majority of the short time we were there was spent sitting in beer gardens or at the park. We stayed pretty late one night at the Augustiner before walking back to the main station to catch a u-train back to our hotel. I will say at no time whatsoever have I felt uncomfortable or unsafe. Nobody hassles us ever, and people are generally very friendly. I only wish I could speak German.
Our next stop will be Fussen, Germany. It's a small resort town on the edge of the Alps right close to the Austrian border. This is where I would run a half marathon one evening, while my wife runs the full marathon the next morning.

Our high speed train.....

Munich beer gardens...

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Blues Pirate - 07-22-2014

The train looks just like the one that derailed a couple of years ago.

More beer gardens...