The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How I spent my summer vacation - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How I spent my summer vacation (/showthread.php?tid=100406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-21-2014

Sorry my reports are slow coming. I don't have a lot of time in front of a computer. I hoped to have wifi on the trains but only have once so far, the ICE train from Copenhagen to Munich. So its only been in the hotels but usually I'm sleeping once in the room.
Jitterbug - No, we never went to any live sex shows. I "tried" to convince my wife to go watch one, and I am sure she would have gone had I pressed her but really I don't think I wanted to go either, thinking about it now. I have no thoughts about how right or wrong it is, they were adults and can make their own decisions. I saw plenty of consenting ADULTS in windows, no young people. In fact it was more shocking there were older women, say over 40 or even 50 displaying themselves. I don't know if they had pimps or not but many of them ignored potential customers as they played on their phones, while some looked like they actually hoped to lure clients. I won't judge them, I have no way of knowing if it's their choice to be there or not.
Really, the biggest impact in my head was when we went to the Anne Frank house. I wasn't really aware of the story and history behind Anne Frank, but I am now. To say I was moved would be an understatement. I honestly shed a few tears that day, and I have a German ancestory.
Amsterdam is a fun place and I could have spent more time there, mostly just to wander and indulge a bit more, but soon enough we had to leave, next stop Munich, Germany. I have to say one thing, travelling by rail with a eurail pass kicks ass. I know some here know from experience, but the pass entitles you to 1st class seats which I have found are easy to get unlike 2nd class where it's not unusual to see people standing in aisles or the "rooms" between the cars. I don't know the cost difference as we just bought our 5 country, 8 days of travel pass on-line. On some legs of travel there is the option of reserving seats, which we did on some travel days, but it costs more money on top of the eurail pass.
It was a thrill for me on the ride to Munich, we rode an ICE train (intercity express). There was a screen that would occasionally show our speed and at one point we were travelling 300km/hr. The tracks ran parallel to the highway at points and you could watch as we blew past the highway traffic. Even the regional trains travel around 160km/hr sometimes. Nothing like the passenger trains at home, not even close.
I am writing this from our hotel in Kitzbuhel, Austria so am several days behind. We haven't been writing anything down so I am just going from memory, so can only tell about highlights as I recall them.
Munich was so much to see, but for me the most enjoyment was probably the beer gardens, and not the most famous Haustbrahaus, but the Augustiner outdoor garden not too far from the central train station. We ended up there twice, sat with a group from Austria one afternoon, and with a fellow from Cologne another day. I won't lie, I drank a few liters of beer both times, as well as some German specialty food, sausages, sauerkraut, potato salad etc. It was pretty cool seeing all the people in their lederhosen, dressed up for real, not just playing the role.
One day we picked up a bunch of food from a grocery store and went to a park, the English Garden. It has been hot and sunny and the park was very busy. There is a raging small river running through the park, and there is a spot where people can surf a wave where the water gushes out of an underground spout. I have lots of pictures and will post once I get the resizer figured out. Sorry, I tried the one from this site but it won't download for me.
I am not a person that has much knowledge of history when it comes to Europe, such as the architecture and such, but I was in awe at some of the buildings. There really is nothing that comes even close anywhere I have been in my life, especially at home.
Speaking only English hasn't been much of an issue, although I have found less people know English in Germany than when we were in Denmark and the Netherlands. Obviously its my own problem, not theirs. If you go to a foreign country and expect them to speak your language you better shake your head, that's not how it works.
After a few days in Munich we hopped on a train to Fussen, a small touristy town on the edge of the Alps near the Austrian border. It was here where I would run a half marathon, and my wife the full marathon. Hope I can get some pics loaded soon, before we get too far into our trip. Fussen was incredible, but it's bedtime. Thanks for reading.

[attachment=945]test...

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - jitterbug - 07-21-2014

hi tim, i felt the same way about touring the ann frank house . . . thanks for writing . . .

Amsterdam...

more Amsterdam....

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - kylake - 07-21-2014

Thanks Tim for taking time to post and the pictures. I hope you and your wife continue to have a wonderful trip/vacation!

A few more before we move to Munich....

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - macyoder - 07-21-2014

Thanks for the pictures. Really getting excited about my next trip!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - gerryg123 - 07-21-2014

Not to be crass, but any pics of the women in the windows???

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - macyoder - 07-21-2014

(07-21-2014, 07:16 PM)gerryg123 Wrote:  Not to be crass, but any pics of the women in the windows???

LOL, we would like the thread to progress without any further derailment!

Last pic looks like Copenhagen