The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
How I spent my summer vacation - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: How I spent my summer vacation (/showthread.php?tid=100406)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Likkle Red - 07-11-2014

Amazing trip you have planned Tim! Enjoy to the max!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-13-2014

The flight to Copenhagen was good, just wish I could have slept better on the plane. We arrived about 10:30AM and were quickly on a train to downtown after a bit of drowsy confusion on trying to get tickets to ride. We spent several hours walking around central Copenhagen before heading back to hotel for a much needed nap. Then it was another walking tour before stopping at a nice outdoor café for supper. A few observations - the amount of bicycles on the streets is staggering, there are bike lanes everywhere. Lots of graffiti but the city is very clean. Very expensive to eat but thankfully we have been saving for this trip for months so I won't be holding back. I didn't get this beer gut from not eating and drinking and have no plans on losing it LOL.
It's a bit wet this morning so I think we may check out the new Aquarium that opened last year, the fisherman that I am I love all things aquatic. Will try a few pics..

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-13-2014

Pics too large - can I resize from here?
Anyways, wife is awake, off we go. It's 12:45 AM our time but I feel great this morning here at 8:45 local time, I was up almost 2 hours ago. Already downed 2 cups of coffee from hotel, gonna find a place for breakfast and more java.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Schuttzie - 07-13-2014

Hello, Tim, and good morning! Sounds like you are settling in. I hope you can get the picture situation figured out but if not, we are hear to just read about, haha! Have fun!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - macyoder - 07-13-2014

Love Copenhagen but pricey . Enjoy your trip and tour.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - jitterbug - 07-13-2014

hey tim, glad you could check in!!

hope you have a wonderful trip! please continue to give us a glimpse of your holiday.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Likkle Red - 07-13-2014

Can't wait to see the pictures!

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Tim - 07-16-2014

Still need to figure out how to downsize pictures.
We never made it to the aquarium in Copenhagen, just ran out of time. Anyways, its was nice there but things really picked up once we flew to Amsterdam. The old part of the city is raging busy, people everywhere. I still can't believe how bicycles rule the road. Honestly, between the trams, bikes and scooters there must be people run over every day. There is a separate bike lane that can easily be mistaken for a sidewalk, and if you don't look both ways bad things can happen. The people on bicycles are not on a cruise, they are on a mission.
We spent 2 days wandering the streets of the red light district and area. Although I was somewhat aware of what it was like there, I wasn't really aware of the details. You could literally "window shop" for some quick companionship, and there were women of all types to choose from, including some she-males LOL. We stopped at a few coffee shops, and something I figured out was in the busier areas you can buy 100% weed joints, but once you got away from the tourist areas all you seemed to be able to get was a mix of tobacco and ganja (YUK). Our hotel was very close to Vondelpark, the largest park in Amsterdam. One day we did a 16.5km run, doing laps around the perimeter pathways. It was the first time I have gotten in a long run and was able to get high at the same time. Lots of people just lounging around indulging. It was also a main thoroughfare for bicyclists returning home from work. In a bit under 2 hours probably saw 1000 people on bikes (or more).
We also made it to the Van Gogh museum which for my wife was a highlight. She has a degree in fine arts and was very knowledgeable about his history. And of course we did a ride on the canals which I enjoyed. It was a good way to learn some of the history of the city plus get a different perspective of the surroundings.
We ended up at a bar across the street from our hotel to watch the final of the world cup of soccer. Really too bad the Netherlands lost out in the semi final, could have been a real riot (literally). Oh well, we are on the way to Munich, Germany right now so maybe catch some after party.
Today is our first and longest train ride of the trip. At one point we were travelling parallel to a highway at 300km/hr. Pretty wild blowing past the traffic going the same direction as us. We will have 2 days in Munich before moving on to Fussen where we will be running our race. No plans in Munich, except to go to the Haufbrauhaus, a touristy place of much indulgence. Otherwise just more wandering around on foot, something we really enjoy.
If someone can help with picture re-sizing, I would post a few.

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - Kandm - 07-16-2014

Sounds like you guys are getting out and seeing/doing a lot. Thanks again for checking in and enjoy Germany

RE: How I spent my summer vacation - jitterbug - 07-16-2014

tim, it all sounds fabulous so far. . . . i enjoyed my jaunt through the red light district . . . did you take in any of the live sex shows? . . . interesting to say the least . . .