The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "query" - Line: 1306 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1306 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1393 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 498 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 1 - Line: 1311 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1311 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1393 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 498 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
the extreme dangers faced by Jamaican fisherman (video) - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: the extreme dangers faced by Jamaican fisherman (video) (/showthread.php?tid=100395)

the extreme dangers faced by Jamaican fisherman (video) - dreadneck - 07-08-2014

That's a pretty tough living, no matter how you slice it.

RE: the extreme dangers faced by Jamaican fisherman (video) - Oldtimer2 - 07-09-2014

They are right ...fishing is HARD !!!!! We lost 7 this season in Nova Scotia. You MUST !!!!! fish when your mind says " this isn't the time to go ". If you don't catch your quota then next year they cut you back. This was my 53 year fishing (only sometimes this past year ) . I have caught my last tuna for sure . Sad day but true . BUT !!!! it's a good life at the end of the day. SEWAGE !!!!! flows out of all the rivers !!!

RE: the extreme dangers faced by Jamaican fisherman (video) - JonTom - 07-09-2014

Definitely rough life.

But I have to admit I really enjoyed listening to them talk. And then reading the translation/subtitles and thinking - "wait, that's not quite what he said".

But no subtitles for the "good times/outtakes" (not sure what to call it) at the end. Wonder why not.

RE: the extreme dangers faced by Jamaican fisherman (video) - kylake - 07-09-2014

Thanks Dread for posting. Anyone that fishes for a living lives a tough life and earns a hard living. I only fish for pleasure but I understand and have friends that commercial fish. Of course the ocean is more dangerous but no matter what body of water (even a lake) if you commercial fish it is unforgiving if you make a mistake.
I have a story of a friend that went out every day just on Kentucky Lake. He netted buffalo (mostly) and sold to market in Chicago. He had been doing so for years and one winter day trailing nets got caught in rip rap rock, then into a slowly running prop and sucked the boat underwater before he noticed in the rough water. It was winter...........he lived miraculously and when he was pulled out of the water by some crappie fishermen and taken to shore.....when paramedics showed up his internal body temp was 87 degrees. Amazing he lived and is living to this day. He was wearing no protective suit but did have a life jacket on.

OT, I cannot imagine all the stories you have but have read one or two that you have posted. I remember the one with your daughter..........

RE: the extreme dangers faced by Jamaican fisherman (video) - captaind on Zion Hill - 07-09-2014

Thanks for the post.

Cap