The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg (/showthread.php?tid=100393)

Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - ohliz - 07-08-2014

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1605104 - it has 3 pages of photos, make sure you click through to the 2nd and 3rd.

Looks like later this summer the section bypassing Mt Rosser and Flat Bridge will be done, the rest not for a year or two. When finished they say it will take 45 minutes to get to Ochi from Kingston.

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - kylake - 07-08-2014

If government can keep it maintained (not letting it transgress to potholes) all I can say is WOW. Thanks for posting Ohliz!

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - ohliz - 07-08-2014

Apparently the government won't be maintaining it, the Chinese company that built it will. Maybe.

http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/business/China-Harbour-Engineering-Company--Building-a-better-Jamaica_9570036

However, this is the same company that wants to build the harbor and coal fired power plant on the Goat Islands Sad

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - rootswoman - 07-08-2014

Hummmm

those Chinese investors are no fools

I hope they have put some thought into speed control while planning this.

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - kylake - 07-08-2014

So with good (maybe good) comes a possible (probably) bad. The Chinese do not normally do something for nothing but they have been burned.
Their deep pockets fueled by the US cheap shoppers for their products will probably win the day filling the pockets of JA people of choice that are in power. Hate to get political,......sad but true. I really wish the big box shoppers in the US would wake up to reality that I see. War won without firing a shot and for what?? Saving a few of cents on a purchase of a low quality product..........just my 2 cents.
Not trying to redirect your thread but I just had to say it!

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - ohliz - 07-09-2014

In the case of the highway, it seems they put up ALL the money for it in exchange for the tolls for a long period of time. So I guess the J'can gov't feels it's a no-lose proposition. And the highway IS needed.

(As to maintenance...the one closest to Kingston has been there for several years and there was not one crack on that blacktop when I was on it again in April so I'd say that's going well...)

Now the new port? Powered by a new coal burning facility? Heck no.

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - Blues Pirate - 07-09-2014

Whaaat, no roundabouts????
The nerve.

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - ohliz - 07-09-2014

Oh there are roundabouts!

RE: Fascinating photos of new KIN-OCHI highway leg - Blues Pirate - 07-09-2014

Notice the skid marks? That was predictable.Emot151