The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Monthly Rental ideas - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Monthly Rental ideas (/showthread.php?tid=100282)

Monthly Rental ideas - rastagal - 05-28-2014

Hi All! I am trying to get some new ideas on monthly rentals for the summer in Negril.  I know there are plenty and have contacted a few already.  The budget is not big.  I have come to the conclusion that A/C will not be in the budget, a kitchen is necessary. Preferably not shared. Summerset is my back up plan. The only downfall to staying there is I don't like the fact it's down the lane.  I'm a night person and would like to just be able to walk out and be on the main road without having to call a taxi.  These are the ones I've tried already but are either to $$$ or are not available: Croton Grove, A condo at Sunshine Village and The Cottages across from Mirage. 

Any info would be appreciated. Leaving in a few weeks so I'm trying to finalize something soon! Thanks so much!

RE: Monthly Rental ideas - rootswoman - 05-28-2014

Since summer is so slow in Negril - I would consider contacting all the resorts that have cottages with kitchenettes and asking them for a monthly rate. I do know that often Jamaicans would rather leave it empty then compromise their rates which is frustrating. I also know there are good deals to be had but those are harder to find.

Remember Medivet? she was posting here awhile ago and sharing all the long term rates of the resorts and places she was contacting. Perhaps someone with a better memory than myself can remember when she posted. Maybe we can find those posts in the archives.

As I know, you know, there are lots of apartments to rent on the west end but they are not on the main road and I don't think you would want to step out alone at night.
I stayed in a place that was super cheap, but unless I got picked up, I didn't go out at night.

RE: Monthly Rental ideas - jitterbug - 05-28-2014

a friend of mine stays at cotton tree at a really reasonable monthly rates during the winter . . . it's on the main road close to the centre of town . . . easy walk to the beach and night life . . .

also, i was in negril towards the end of april and stopped at shamrock grocery. we chatted with the owner who took the time to show us his rentals. it used to be called classique cottages. lots of different units available in a quiet yard right behind shamrock. nice little units. he's definitely open to negotiation.
john wright, 876-394-5089.
jondel2003@yahoo.com.

let us know who you make out.

RE: Monthly Rental ideas - Yamangurl - 05-28-2014

Email Marian at Fun Holiday. They will give you a lower rate than what is shown on their website if you ask, especially since your stay is longer than a "typical tourist". Make sure you mention that too.
funholidaybeachresort@cwjamaica.com

RE: Monthly Rental ideas - rastagal - 05-29-2014

Quote: 'jitterbug' pid='103455' dateline='1401298417'
a friend of mine stays at cotton tree at a really reasonable monthly rates during the winter . . . it's on the main road close to the centre of town . . . easy walk to the beach and night life . . .

also, i was in negril towards the end of april and stopped at shamrock grocery. we chatted with the owner who took the time to show us his rentals. it used to be called classique cottages. lots of different units available in a quiet yard right behind shamrock. nice little units. he's definitely open to negotiation.
john wright, 876-394-5089.
jondel2003@yahoo.com.

let us know who you make out.

I remember while staying at Hidden Paradise meeting some guys that were in that yard next door. I never wandered over but I will contact them to see what they have. I had someone check Seascape apartments yesterday but they are full.  Consdering a place on Hermitage rd also...noce but above budget so not sure if I can swing it yet. Thanks everyone!

RE: Monthly Rental ideas - oldtimer - 05-29-2014

Norman Walters ( Big Yewt ) who owned Cotton Tree Place died about 2 months ago. He was a personal friend of mine for 35-40 years as is his widow Marie. She will be very open for longterm rental and has kitchenettes . My quess is $40-$50 . Talk to her personally !!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember CASH SPEAKS LOUDLY !!!!

RE: Monthly Rental ideas - Sundowner - 05-29-2014

Rastagal, how long are you planning to stay - for 2 months?  We have a small cottage on the beach road that we might be willing to rent out.  It's pretty basic, though.  Has a bedroom, big bathroom (cold water only), porch.  Big yard with veggies growing.  There's a small kitchen with a cooktop & we have a small fridge we could put in.  The main thing is we have disconnected the electricity, as my husband is returning to Canada in a couple of weeks.  So if we rent it, you would have to be responsible for the electric bill (approx $3,000J/month - yes, I know it's high)!  We would want it rented for a minimum of 2 months to make it worth our while to reconnect the power & furnish it.  If you are interested, send me a private message & I'll ask him how much he wants per month.

RE: Monthly Rental ideas - Sophie - 05-29-2014

If Sundowners offer doesn't work out(hope it does!) you could never go wrong with renting from the Wright family(Shamrock) they are great folks. If you were talking to people right next to HP that would not have been Shamrock. There is a yard there that used to rent cottages but I have no idea if they still do. Sis Irie owns or at least did own a house on that property. Yellow Bird has some board rooms without a/c but you would have to share the staff kitchen in those. You could check with Golden Sunset to see what they would do for long term also. Good luck!!