The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! (/showthread.php?tid=100280)

Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - oldtimer - 05-27-2014

I have about 6 or more hummer's coming to one of my feeders that is stuck to my window . I was changing the liquid today and they started to land on my fingers . I took the feeder in and put my hand out and 3 landed on my fingers almost immeaditly . 1st time I tried that but it wouldn't be the last !!!!

RE: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - rootswoman - 05-28-2014

Wow!!! How cool is that OT!

You will have to rig up some of those hand feeders. I know they used little liquor bottles or "nips" but can't recall what they use to drink from

I am a having a very different experience. So far, I am lucky if I see one a day.

RE: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - MoFromMonroe - 05-28-2014

I am not having much luck either. I see one or two a day. I am doing everything I am suppose to. Even changing the sugar water once a week. One thing I didn't do yet is put out the little liquor bottle. I attached it last year to the top of one of the regular feeders. A male came one day and kept going to the top of the feeder like he was looking for the bottle. I figured he was here last year.

RE: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - oldtimer - 05-28-2014

Now that's funny about the hummer looking for something that was there before. 2 years ago I did some work on the house and took the feeder off . About 4-5 days later I put the feeder back but it was about 1 1/2 ft higher and they still came to where IT WAS !!!!!! I had to move it back down ?????

RE: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - kylake - 05-28-2014

OT, what varities of hummers do you get in Nova? Ruby throated is all we have in TN except for the one year we got a rufous carried in by a storm.

RE: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - Sharleen - 05-28-2014

I have'nt see even ONE yet at my house... I have not yet  put up my planter yet though.  My garden is desparate to be weeded.  I do have some hungry chipmunk families living underneath both my front door steps and backdoor steps.

RE: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - Pineapple - 05-28-2014

I've only seen one at my feeder so far.  I didn't plant my hyacinth bean vine this year so I probably won't have as many as in the past few years.

RE: Hummer's ...WOW !!!! - oldtimer - 05-29-2014

We only have Ruby Throated hummers here EXCEPT the one Rufus Hummer that was in a town about 30 miles from here. It is the only time I ever heard of a different kind.