The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " (/showthread.php?tid=100275)

Pages: 1 2 3

Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - oldtimer - 05-24-2014

I went out with "the young guy " on Fri .What a great kid . Not the best of equipment but enough to do . Not much experience as the Captain BUT !!!!!!!!! lots of "FIRE " in his step !!!!! He reminds me of myself a bit ( in my youth ) . He has the heart of a lion and the soul of a wild horse . We went to a place he has never been to before and I helped him find his way . Young guy is OPEN !!!! for any help he can get and by me being in his boat hopefully will get a bit more respect than if he went willy nilly through other fishers gear . We had a rough but good day . I was tired last evening and Spud and I had a " likkle puff " and a couple of shots of rum and off to bed we went . Age and effort aren't great teanmates...hehehe

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - Angel - 05-24-2014

Sounds like a nice day Oldtimer. Nice you were a help to him and he was willing to listen. Hope you got a few lobster for yourself.

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - MoFromMonroe - 05-24-2014

OT- our local grocery store had a sale this week. We got 1-1/2 lbs for $6.99/lb. They were hard and full. Delicious!

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - oldtimer - 05-24-2014

We'll be having lobsters for lunch today...and potatoe salad.I don't care for garlic butter dipping for the meat. To me it covers the taste.I don't charge wage with young guy so a few lobsters are just fine when I see him at the wharf safe and happy. His girlfried "slipped " me a loaf of homemade bread (I found it on my car seat ) and that just made it all the better . Like I said " this kid has a great heart and hopefully will do okay ". I'll help him as much as I can . The last minute tuna we caught last fall gave him an extra $20K which he probably wouldn't have had and his girlfriend is always giving me a little something. His boat payment alone is $28K plus all his other expenses (probably another35-40K ) and wage comes last . It's not like big business where all the top guys get paid 1st and then everyone else (maybe ).

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - Angel - 05-24-2014

Oldtimer you are great. Also to get to go fish on occasion is nice. How many other people are on the boat fishing? Enjoy lunch.

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - Schuttzie - 05-24-2014

How very nice, OT!  It is good to see older wiser people teaching the younger.

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - kaycee - 05-24-2014

Very nice of you OT.

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - rootswoman - 05-24-2014

OT what a nice guy you are. If only the rest of the world worked exactly this way. The old should teach the young and everyone should get a little something (unlike big business)
Its so nice for you to have a chance to "mentor" a youth - As good as you feel about it today I bet he feels ten times better!
Enjoy your homemade bread and lobster
and I agree with you - as much as i love garlic
i want my lobster butter straight up -
oh unless its that Jamaican lobster - that needs garlic - lol

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - MoFromMonroe - 05-24-2014

No butter for me. A little lemon and "straight" lobster.

RE: Lobster fishing...OT and "the young guy " - jitterbug - 05-25-2014

oldtimer, you have a heart!