The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-13-2014

(06-13-2014, 08:36 AM)'rastagirl777' Wrote:  OK, I'm completely confused.  Lobster season is closed from April 1st to June 30th.  According to your posts, you were there in and around April 26th...at least that's when you tried to ask for lobster at Jus Natural (who, by the way, makes the best lobster in Negril).  Then you report that you ate lobster at Seastar?  Are you saying that Seastar was serving lobster off season?  That so doesn't sound like something Chris would do.

Christine, Theresa and Emil are some of the most HONEST people I know in Negril - they are neighbors and friends for over 20 years and they have a great and well respected business in Negril.  You have to remember that when talking with Jamaicans you need to be direct - the question you asked was is the lobster REALLY $15US - and in fact, it is (or actually if memory serves, 1500JMD - their menu is priced in JMD).  You did not ask if they had any available so in fact, they weren't being dishonest.  And, with lobster season being closed, it should have come as no surprise that they weren't serving it.

The Seastar thing is puzzling though.  I'd be very dissapointed to know they were serving lobster off season.

Seastar Inn had some leftover lobster but eventually ran out. I was there 23 days but it was there only the first week. The Just Natural lady strongly suggested the lobster was there right now. She was indeed deceitful. 

Then again, whenever I have had a "disgreement" when any of your many friends in Negril, such as Patrick Tate, you have always faithfully taken their side. I'm OK with that, Rastagirl777. I quite enjoy going back and forth with you.

I told the Just Natural lady I wanted lobster and spaghetti, and she OK come on up. She never mentioned that, in fact, the lobster was not there. You can make of that what you will.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - sisterfire - 06-13-2014

I've heard that some restauranters will freeze lobster in anticipation of "lobster maternity season." One is allowed to serve frozen lobster in the first three weeks of the season....

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rastagirl777 - 06-13-2014

The confusion for me was the dates I guess?  April 26th is after that 3 week mark.

I'm sorry you felt deceived at Jus Natural - I know these people well and I know it was not their intent.  They get plenty of business from a strong and supportive repeat clientelle as well as a strong and supportive local clientelle that there would be no need to deceive you into coming to their place for dinner.  I'll come to a friend's defense when its warranted - I honestly have no recollection as to what happened with you and Patrick but I'll go to the ground for the folks at Jus Natural.  They are good, true and real folks who make good, true and real food.  The tomatoes in your sauce?  Good bet they grew them in their garden.

I hope you'd give them another chance - their specialty is really in honest to goodness Jamaican food.  And their prices can't be beat - since their move off of West End Road they have not raised their prices at all - their overhead is not nearly what it used to be.

It started to rain for a bit, and I was worried the downpour might interfere with the Seastar party. Although there is a roof, folks might not want to go out at all if it was still raining – but the rain stopped.

I went to the store to get some Lime credit for my phone. At Hi Lo, I also picked up some fruit punch, a case of beer and some shaving cream. Henry was nice enough to give me a ride – for ten dollars. As part of the deal, he lugged the case of beer up the stairs to room 12, so I figured it was fair.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 06-13-2014

Still tagging along and enjoying~  Great pictures, Gerry!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Westenders - 06-13-2014

Gerry
someone once told me that sea star has a ghost. Is it true??
i wouldn't ask anyone in real life as they would probably cuss for asking! ( please don't cuss) 

No Casper, just a lot of smoke, lol

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Westenders - 06-13-2014

Lafflaff, very funny...

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - booger - 06-13-2014

LOL Gerry. I have yet to see a ghost or hear about one in my numerous stays. If I did it would surely freak me out. Nice to see that you are able to post hear freely without any mod cutting in and bitching you out. I really dig the honesty of your reports and hope you write a book one day. You write for a livin so it makes complete sense to me MC.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-14-2014

The Seastar party was a lot of fun, as it usually is on Saturdays. Sansanya has moved up from opening act to headliner now that Steven West has been taken ill, and the super-hot Jamaican singer did a great job. The show finished with the Seastar drummers. They went a bit too long but were good. I guess once you’ve seen the drum show a few times, the fest loses some of its appeal. Plus, I enjoyed it more when Francine was hitting the skins, but she is a new mom now and has a lot going on.

Some of the party attendees were Tattoo Charlie, Fatty on The Rock, Katho and of course Rasta Stan, who served as host. Apparently, Rob from negril.com is very jealous of Rasta Stan, who is on an extended vacation at Seastar and is very well-received. The webmaster told the Canadian tourist: “Well, you might have April, but I have the other 11 months.” What a mothertrucker.

I brought some guitar strings for Rasta Stan to give out, and the guitar player in the band was happy to receive them. Flip and Groove 16 were also there, and we had a lot of drinks together.
I still managed to wake up early the next day to go spearfishing, but it was not easy!