The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - booger - 06-10-2014

Dive master extraordinaire is Ken from Dream Team Divers. His lovely wife Sabine is a hoot as well and makes an occasional appearance. Those two always put a smile on my face when I run into them. Ken also keeps it real as to what is swimming in the water, another reason why I prefer the pool. LOL

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kylake - 06-11-2014

Quote: booger wrote:I believe you might be referring to me as far as jumping over and bringing friends.
Hey Booger, yes I was referring to you and didn't want to call anyone out by name (just stating an example). One of your friends posted some negative comments here about the "utter" admin. Then wanted to delete what was posted "here" and that is where the "fearful" comment I made came from.
I totally agree with what you also said about jr high BS.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-11-2014

On Saturday, April 26, I woke up early and met a boardie friend named Dash, and together we went spearfishing. The ocean was exceptionally calm and beautiful, and Dash did a good job by spearing two fish – usually first-timers get shut out.

It’s easy to make quick friends in Negril. Perhaps it has to do with being so far away from home and having that in common, kind of like summer camp or being in the army together, take your pick. In Negril, it seems you meet friends and share your life stories and innermost secrets a lot faster than you do in USA. I love that.

I speared a total of 12 fish, and that’s a lot. Dash and I went to Treehouse together and had breakfast, a nice buffet that cost $13 and includes the usual stuff including an omelet station. We met the owner, Gail Jackson, and she sat and had breakfast with us, and that was nice.

Here are some pics:

[attachment=759]
The Jungle

[attachment=760]
Charlie Tattoo

[attachment=761]
Smokey Joe

[attachment=762]
Just Natural plate

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - booger - 06-11-2014

Gerry,
 Does Smokey Joe usually set up across from GP? 

And agree, the spaghetti does not look tasty.

Yes, he is across from Grand Pineapple. He also rents scooters, technically through the neighboring shop.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Chickster - 06-12-2014

ain't nuttin like the Seastars spagetti that's for sure.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-12-2014

(06-12-2014, 05:33 AM)'Chickster' Wrote:  ain't nuttin like the Seastars spagetti that's for sure.

True dat.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-12-2014

I gave the fish to Bobo on the way home. At Seastar, I played with Garrett’s dog, Boy, a Rottweiler that owner Chris first adopted after finding the puppy tied up to a tree. He is full grown now – the dog, not Chris (ha ha) – and very well behaved. The dog and I have come to know each other through the years, and we hung out together, both of us enjoying the AC in my room.

Charlie came by, and we ate lobster together poolside, then headed off to Westender to hang out at the rock pool and drink red stripes. I had a little mishap with the scooter on the way back when I hit a little hole at low speed and fell to the side, but I was able to hold up the scooter enough to avoid any damage to the scooter itself (or to me). 

We went swimming again, and then I took a little rest to prepare for the big party at Seastar later that night.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rastagirl777 - 06-13-2014

OK, I'm completely confused.  Lobster season is closed from April 1st to June 30th.  According to your posts, you were there in and around April 26th...at least that's when you tried to ask for lobster at Jus Natural (who, by the way, makes the best lobster in Negril).  Then you report that you ate lobster at Seastar?  Are you saying that Seastar was serving lobster off season?  That so doesn't sound like something Chris would do.

Christine, Theresa and Emil are some of the most HONEST people I know in Negril - they are neighbors and friends for over 20 years and they have a great and well respected business in Negril.  You have to remember that when talking with Jamaicans you need to be direct - the question you asked was is the lobster REALLY $15US - and in fact, it is (or actually if memory serves, 1500JMD - their menu is priced in JMD).  You did not ask if they had any available so in fact, they weren't being dishonest.  And, with lobster season being closed, it should have come as no surprise that they weren't serving it.

The Seastar thing is puzzling though.  I'd be very dissapointed to know they were serving lobster off season.