The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1303 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1303 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1395 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 500 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1358 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1358 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1395 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 500 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kaycee - 06-07-2014

What a shame you were banned! Please continue!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 06-08-2014

Oh, so sorry, Gerry, that you had to have a black cloud over your vacation time.  I hope you were able to make the most of it anyway.  I'm glad you can come here to post your reports 

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-09-2014

I headed to Banton’s, a little bar way up the hill past Rick’s. I’ve known the dreadlocked barkeep for years, and it’s always nice to reunite. I hung out there with Keith, my friend from Philly who is a former Wall Street whiz kid who cashed out and moved to Negril semi-permanently.

Later, I went to hang out at Westender Inn, a great hotel about two miles up the road. It’s a fun ride on the scooter. As I was motoring along, I gave some thought about my life – where I’ve been, where I am, where I want to be. Negril gives me a chance to reflect, and sometimes the little private moments are the best moments of all. I made it back to Seastar Inn in time for happy hour, where I met Charlie. 

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-10-2014

Later I headed to Just Natural, a Negril restaurant way up the Cliffs that has a good word of mouth. However, the place was a bit TOO natural for me: I ordered spaghetti, and the sauce was simply puried tomatoes with no spices at all. Very bland.

Before arriving, I had called ahead to ask if they could prepare me food in advance so I could either pick it up or eat there without waiting an hour, but the lady who answered the phone was having none of it and said no way. Some Negril restaurants simply won’t play ball on to-go orders. They need the money, then they start cooking.

Then I inquired about the price of the lobster, and was it really just 15 dollars? She said yes, so I said OK I will be there soon and raced up the hill. However, she proved dishonest cause once I got there, she said they had no lobster. I found that disingenuous that she did not inform me over the phone. Anyway, the spaghetti sucked, but like a good American tourist, I finished it all.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 06-10-2014

Well, that's disappointing and bad business practice. Actually, I probably would have left and not given them any business at all.

(06-10-2014, 11:14 AM)'Schuttzie' Wrote:  Well, that's disappointing and bad business practice. Actually, I probably would have left and not given them any business at all.

In the USA, yes. But in Negril, the rules are totally different, and so is the mindset. You HAVE to be tolerent in Jamaica to have a good time, and that's something that has proven itself time and again.

As I tell everyone I meet there, don't let ANYTHING surprise you in Negril. I simply go with the flow.

Here comes the rain. Quite a downpour in Negril, as we sit out the storm at the Seastar Inn. But after an hour or so, it was beautiful again.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kylake - 06-10-2014

Great report Gerryg123
F the F.O.B on the utter board and have a great vacation!! Life goes on whether you can post there or not. With so many social networks nowdays you can still keep in touch with your friends using other sources as you are doing here and can do elsewhere.
I bet lots of peeps from the "utter board" are lurking your postings here just not posting a response because they are fearful, that the F.O.B might ban them or suspend them for 3 days (first step). Really sad for them!
When another person from the other board was suspended for 3 days several friends came here in support. Next thing you knew one wanted to know how to delete their posts:-) Fearful!!!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - booger - 06-10-2014

Hey Kylake,
I believe you might be referring to me as far as jumping over and bringing friends. I have actually lurked for a long time and chose to post over there as many of my travel companions used to post over there as well. As well as the fearful comment regarding the other poster you mentioned, fearful could not be further from the truth. That individual had a falling out and wanted nothing to do with the site. Rob talks up his head count when selling his services and this person did not want to be part of his alleged head count. Without the ability to delete your account the number only grows.

I do know that he has told several folks that if they post over here he wants nothing to do with them and that they need to choose here or there, typical jr high bullshit.

I could go on and on with more BS, but fact of the matter is most here know the real deal. Rob hates Gerry, many others, but really it is himself who he is most unhappy with. 

I enjoyed the sunset at Catcha Falling Star, part of my usual routine, as the coveted resort is just up the road from Seastar Inn. I almost always see friends there, and this time the British diving instructor was at the bar, and we caught up on all things good (name escapes me).

I got some rum and punch from the store and brought it back to Seastar Inn. I like to match and mix drinks from my room and from the bar. We had a little party this night, and Flip, Chickster and hotel worker Garrett all visited my room for a little rum party. 

At the bar later on, there was an odd occurrence, as a woman with tattoos was crying, apparently because she missed her deceased husband and was a little extra emotional after drinking a lot; she was inconsolable, though several including Katho tried to cheer her up.