The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-14-2014

The way the neighborhood is now, I might have to carry around the speargun at all times.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-17-2014

Even though I drive a scooter most of the time, I am very loyal to my main cab driver, Shayne, whom I've known for a long time. He drives me around all the time at night, and I know I can depend on him. Plus, I'm more than just a dollar sign to him -- though he LOVES money -- as we've become true friends through the years.

My brother died last month, and when Shayne heard about all the way in Jamaica, he called me right away and said how sorry he was for me. That really touched me. He is truly a kind soul, and I always love reunited with Shayne every time I return to Negril. He will be my friend forever.

If you need someone ANY TIME, day or night, he always responds. His number is 572 3599.

[attachment=1430]

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rootswoman - 09-18-2014

Gerry, I was so very sorry to hear about the loss of your Brother. I can't imagine how hard that must be for you and your family.

Someone started a thread here sending prayers , offering condolences and extending sympathy to you and your family. I don't think you ever saw it and wanted you to know we have been thinking about you.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-20-2014

So I'm cruising down the hill with Beachballer, the two of us on scooters about halfway down, when suddenly I made a fateful decision.

I realized I had a few dollars in my shirt pocket, and $100 bill USD in my front pocket of my shorts. Concerned that the bill might fly out in the wind as I drove along, I figured I should put the 100 in a more secure pocket -- as I was driving along.

So I reached down and pulled it out, going about 25 mph, when poof, the $100 flew into the wind, and I had no idea where it went. I hit the brakes hard and hoped it would be a few feet behind me. There was a craft guy whose attention I got, but the guy was not sure what I was frantically looking for. Then a teenage boy was walking up my way, and I did NOT want him to find it before me.

He was about fifty feet away, approaching me, as I kept on looking. Couldn't find it anywhere. This was turning into a big problem ....

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rootswoman - 09-21-2014

Gerry!! I swear you are worse than a Jamaican teasing and making people wait!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 09-21-2014

haha, totally agree, Rootwoman Smile Gerry, I hope you found your money!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-21-2014

The search was turning frantic, but I didn't want anyone to know, if you can picture the scene. The craft man started looking around on the ground after I finally said I dropped money -- didnt say it was a 100 -- and soon the teenager approaching from the other direction had reached me, too.

Amazingly, the teen found the bill -- it was rested on the floor board of the scooter itself, though for the life of me I couldnt figure out how. Had he been a mean kid, he could have just kept it and kept on going, but he was nice. He was wideyed but just handed me the bill.

I said thank you, thank you, thank you, and gave him all my singles as a reward. Had I had a $20, I would have given it to him, cause he deserved it.

What a stand-up young man this guy is. I know it seems like there are too many hustlers in Negril -- and I complain about it as much as anyone -- but there are mostly super-nice peeps everywhere, despite most of them being so poor. I was happy to have my money back, but I was even more happy about the way the whole thing worked out.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - captaind on Zion Hill - 09-22-2014

Hey Gerry,

Remember to 20 if front of your room at Seastar?

Cap

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-22-2014

(09-22-2014, 07:19 AM)captaind Wrote:  Hey Gerry,

Remember to 20 if front of your room at Seastar?

Cap

I know, I know, I am a wreck. I also dropped a 20 on the stairway a couple of reaches ago and it was still there an hour later when I happened to pass by. I was fiddling with my money to pay Garrett to extend my scooter rental.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Westenders - 09-24-2014

Lol Gerry, so it's true then, them der tourists are stuffed with dollar, dollar bills..

Seriously, glad you got it back as well as a little lump of returning faith in the goodness of others.