The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Sea Glass Lover - 08-05-2014

Really enjoying this report Gerry. Please come back and continue. GeekGeek

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-06-2014

The last days from both trips all kind of blended together, and I didn't take as many notes.

On the three-plus week trip, I developed a really strong friendship with John Midiri, and for the last week or so, we did almost everything together. He is, indeed, a great guy.

On the second, most recent trip, once my family returned home, John hopped on a plate and joined me at Seastar Inn, where he got a good deal and also invited his Negril girlfriend (now his fiancee) to join us. She was nice, and often all three of us hung out together.

On the first trip, Midiri, who does not like the ocean, agreed to jump the Cliff with me at Xtabi, though he was eager to swim to the ladder and get back out as soon as possible. On the most recent trip, he took things a big step further and actually went on a spear fishing excursion with me, and incredibly hit a fish on one of his first shots. I caught a really big one that day myself, and it was among the best spearfishing/snorkeling sessions of all time.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kylake - 09-06-2014

Thanks for the update Gerryg123 and hope you are doing well. Although I have a new trip planned you will probably be back before me so looking forward to your next trip and reporting!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-06-2014

Midiri and Charlie and I would posse up in the morning for a "hotel-hopping" session as I called it, and every day I would pick a new place, where we would ride down on our scooters, have drinks and a meal, and perhaps take a dip in the pool or hang out at the beach.

What great fun.

Today I picked Charela Inn, which I knew was a nice place but I had never been before. It was just me and Midiri on this one. The vibe was nice. A beach musican came up and sang for us, kind of a shorter guy with dreads and a beard who had a slightly annoying habit of shaking his head uncontrollably as he sang; he was OK. Since I knew we would be tipping him, I even asked for a request or two, and he came through - guitar was way out of tune (sorry, I am a pop music journalist in real life), but he was talented.

The meal was not so good, which came as a surprise cause C.I. has a good rep. The garlic bread was no good, the onion rings were only OK (as opposed to Canoe, where they are awesome), and the service was slow, just like 90 percent of the places in Negril.

The pool is especially nice, set in a courtyard surrounded by all the rooms. I would prefer a pool with a seaview, but most like Legends and Travellers don't have this; Treehouse does, however.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - MoFromMonroe - 09-08-2014

You ate the wrong thing at Charela. You must have their pasta for dinner. Comes with the great Italian Bread and a salad. I get the pasta with veggies or fish. For dessert they have either banana or pineapple split. Try the peanut ice cream. Fairly reasonably priced dinner. We go there often. It is always our first night meal in Negril. Just a short walk from our hotel.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 09-08-2014

I had heard good things about Sweet Spice, which is up the hill and has a reputation for being popular with the locals, particularly cabbies.

Charlie and I tried it out. The food was good, the portions were nice, and best of all -- it had air conditioning, which is a rarity for a restaurant, even at hotels. I think Sandy Haven has a restaurant with AC, and that's about it as far as the whole town.

One thing though, Sweet Spice was not particulary inexpensive, as I thought it might be. Most of the stuff was about ten bucks a plate, and the portions were not super oversized. But it was good.

God, I love the food in Jamaica.

PS: The service was pretty good, too, and that's a big plus.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Kandm - 09-10-2014

Thanks again Gerry for continuing the report!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rootswoman - 09-13-2014

Great to see you are back reporting
please keep it rolling!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - addena - 09-14-2014

Great photos. Nice to see Georgia in person. Thanks for sharing.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Westenders - 09-14-2014

Gerry you must have increased the interest in spear fishing single handed,

You must be planning your next visit to your second home by now, it's been a couple weeks lol.