The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 07-09-2014

Been hanging out with Roy Mon Morrison. After spearfishing together, we met later at German Bar with his ultra-friendly long-time girlfriend, Sherry, and we split a big pizza that was heavenly -- half cheese and half pepperoni. We still had two pieces left, that's how big the ten dollar pizzas are, along with a few stripes.

Then we followed one another to Seastar Inn for karoake, hosted by Sansonya, the beautiful singer who has emerged as the No. 1 local act in Negril following the sad sickness and eventual death of Stephen West, who used to headline over Sansoya at Seastar's Saturday night show.

Sansonya has a great voice, and she appears to have tightened through excersise her body (not that she needed to, but now she is prettier than ever). She also cut her long hair, a move I would have voted against. But who I am? Just a guy who happens to write about entertainment in Los Angeles for a lot of years now.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - booger - 07-09-2014

Nice update MC. She is not only a great singer, a looker, but most importantly a great person. Her vibe is right and she exudes positivity.....

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - suzengrace - 07-10-2014

glad to see your back safely on the rock and thats wonderful to bring your likkle ones and the ex...for sure your kids will have a blast...

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 07-10-2014

Karoake was a blast, better than I thought it would be, actually. Sansonya was great, and so were some of the contestants, not including a few who had no right to on the stage other the rule that everyone is allowed.

Negril Bill, my longtime friend was there, and he did well, advanced to the next round in a competition that's been going on weekly, with the bottom singer being eliminated by a panel of celebrity judges that this time included Chris (who sang a song for fun) and Luddy from Drifters (who also sang a song for fun and stole the night).

After, I hosted a rum punch party that went on a little too long than ii should have -- into the wee hours of the morning. I was hurtin' the next day, but it was worth it.

The kids are beyong themselves in happiness. They're loving Negril, and so I am -- the ex-wife not so much, but hey, that's why we're divorced.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Westenders - 07-10-2014

Glad you are having a great time again, and the chicas are too.
Bet they love it having the fun loving dad that you are.

Do you get up on the mic at karaoke, what is your song ??

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 07-11-2014

(I don't do karoake) .....

Anyway .... On Tuesday morning, I was kind of in slow motion. It had been a long day the day before, stretching into a long night and early morning, so I tried jumping into the pool to kind of wake up and snap out of it. I went to Merrills and lay out in front of their beach, meeting fellow boardie Pineapple and a few others who happened to be staying there, too.

The ocean is a good place to make friends. If you're in there, you've dedicated yourself, at least in the short run, to having a good time. Plus it's like 84 degrees in the water and super clear with little fishes swimmin' round.

Merrill's impressed me. Nice room, good vibe, good food -- and good AC, always the seal to any Negril deal. I handed one of the security guys, Gus, a twenty dollar bill USD, and we agreed that he would take care of my raft and whatever I needed for the next week or so.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 07-14-2014

I was up early on Wednesday to snorkel with Roy Mon and my eldest daughter Ginger. We caught five lobsters all together and brought 'em back to Seastar Inn, and Barbara cooked 'em for us. I hung for a bit with Memphis Mike and Marko, and together we went to Keney's, a little Chinese restaurant next to Sunset Cafe.

A local hustler named Mona Lisa came 'round and offered massages for later; she did not have a phone, so we all gave her Marko's number.

The food was good but the volume too loud on the music -- a common sort of discomfort for me in Negril. I am very fussy about ambiant music, and if it's bad and loud, I don't enjoy myself as much. In Jamaica, there is often a poor conception of reasonable and appropriate music for a mixed crowd of people.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 07-14-2014

That is great to be able to take your daughter snorkeling, bet she loved it!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Likkle Red - 07-17-2014

Just a thought, perhaps she just took her weave out and hd shorter hair all along. Just thinking.

Also when the music is too loud at restraunts, they will usually turn it down if you ask.

Glad you are having fun with your kids .

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 07-19-2014

I took a little nap, as I like to do during the hottest part of the day, then took my daughter, Tiana, to Hi Lo, where she bought some snacks. Together we then went to Catcha Falling Star to chill for a bit, then we enjoyed some entertainment at Merrill's, where the firemon was doing his thing.

The buffet at Merrills included fish with lemon butter sauce and Macaroni and cheese, along with watermelon.