The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1303 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1303 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1395 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 500 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1358 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1358 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1395 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 500 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kaycee - 05-20-2014

Don't hold back, we want ALL the details...

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 05-21-2014

I know I say this a lot, but I was not sure when, or if, I would make it back to Negril, at least for a long time, so my plan was to live this particular reach with gusto.

I knew I was in Jamaica for sure when we stopped along the way for beer and supplies, and the passenger in back, a Clives worker, asked me straight out to buy her something. One thing about Jamaicans, they’re not subtle. I purchased a case of Stripe, two bottles of Appleton overproof and a few other items. It cost me like 75 dollars, which seemed like a lot, but when I’m on vacation, I have a different view of money – dollars are fun tokens, to put it simply. I have the rest of the year back in Los Angeles to worry about paying the bills; in Negril, I am out to pleasure myself in every way, and it’s OK with me if it costs money to do so. I don’t mind. I plan to spend about 5k on myself, and that’s all right with me.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 05-21-2014

Yeah!  It's good to see you posting over here Gerry!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Kandm - 05-21-2014

Keep it coming Gerry. I respect your honesty and its always fun to read how the other half lives-lol.. 

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rootswoman - 05-21-2014

Off to a great start!

I'm looking forward to this report.

and just so you know - once you get the pic resizing thing down - it says upload up to ten pics at once and we have been finding it really only takes 5 at once .

The Clives employee has an adorable smile - is that before or after asking for a gift?  lol

I’ve been to Seastar Inn a lot – perhaps 15 to 20 times through the years – and I love the place a little more on every visit. It just feels so much like home. I know every employee by name. It felt so warm to return.

There were a few old friends at the bar, too. There are a lot of regulars that keep returning to Seastar Inn, and I always always always see a bunch of familiar faces. A friend stopped by and loaded me with party supplies and let me borrow a phone. Garrett, one of the property’s caretakers, gave me the keys to his motor scooter to use for the next few weeks at $20 per day.

I make friends fast in Negril, some of whom have become very close. This time, Tattoo Charlie was meeting me in Negril. He was staying at Negril Palms for the first week or so. Brent, a friend from Canada, was staying at Seastar Inn, and we’ve partied hard a few times through the years. I knew I was in good company and was going to have a great time.

There is nothing better than when you first arrive in Negril, knowing you have a full slate in front of you. Every time I am back, I feel a little more at home. This was going to be a good trip. My head was in the right place. I had an early appointment the following morning with Famous Vincent to go spearfishing together, so I didn’t want to overdo it on my first night. 

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - jitterbug - 05-21-2014

gerry, i love to hear about your adventures. more please.

Here is a video at Red Dragon in Redground enjoying some jerk perk. Very spicy!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rootswoman - 05-21-2014

Sweet!
Gotta love a multimedia report!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rastagirl777 - 05-21-2014

Its nice to hear about the fun things on your trip as opposed to the bad news (which you reserved for posting here for the longest time, lol!)  Since I haven't been on "that" board in forever I haven't seen any of your trip reports in forever.  Glad you had a good time - and no trouble for you or your friends I hope!