The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rootswoman - 06-29-2014

Oh Boy!

This is the sort of thing that I ONLY want to experience from my armchair here in Oregon.

How frightening - but it does make for a great story.

So do you think this guys actions have something to do with the girl or was he just looking to beat up on a tourist?

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-29-2014

(06-29-2014, 12:14 PM)rootswoman Wrote:  Oh Boy!

This is the sort of thing that I ONLY want to experience from my armchair here in Oregon.

How frightening - but it does make for a great story.

So do you think this guys actions have something to do with the girl or was he just looking to beat up on a tourist?

Nah, he was just improsiving, trying to get 500j out of me. Also, I think he had a drink in his hand the whole time, so it was hard for him to run full speed, so that extended the whole thing and made it more dramatic.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - suzengrace - 06-29-2014

similar thing happened to me and my girlfriend in Port antonio,..we were at a big party..parked the car (and she lives in jam and is excellent driver) next thing i know this guy comes up to me yelling i hit his car i owe money, making a scene..i go to find my friend..we all come out ..his car wasnt even there when we first parked ..we finally told him go call the cops then...werent going to be intimidated by some major BS to scam $$ out of two foreign women ( he did not know the driver(my friend) lives in jam and knew the runnings well)..Had i not been with me friend it would have been quite intimidating(esp with a large crowd around you)- i may have given him some $$ to get rid of him...

glad you got back to hotel safe and sound and i can imagine Charlie really laughing it up when you told him the story..

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Blues Pirate - 07-01-2014

After all that running I hope the girl charged you extra.Emot15

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 07-02-2014

LOL! @BP

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 07-03-2014

Westender Inn was great. It's so incredibly private, and it's nice to spend time there without the bustle of other tourists in addition to no music playing (I HATE bad music while trying to relax) -- just the gentle call of the waves to massage your thoughts.

The ride to west end road from the hotel is fun if you have a scooter (though very dark at night), and ocassionally Tattoo Charlie and I would trek to Banton's for red stripes or continue on down the hill towards seven mile.

Often we had no particular plans except to start up the bike and head towards town, and it was always fun wherever we ended up.

Let me very clear about something: Negril is an incredible vacation town, super fun if you're single and super romantic if you have your significant other. If you are considering a vacation here, I urge you to push the button. You will NOT be disappointed -- as long as you can tolerate the beggars and vendors, cause they're everywhere.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - jitterbug - 07-03-2014

gerry, you should get paid for advertising . . . great report!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - captaind on Zion Hill - 07-03-2014

(07-03-2014, 09:29 AM)gerryg123 Wrote:  . You will NOT be disappointed -- as long as you can tolerate the beggars and vendors, cause they're everywhere.

None of them in Spring Garden

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Blues Pirate - 07-03-2014

What I would like to know is, does this thread break a record for views?

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kylake - 07-03-2014

Quote: Blues Pirate wrote: What I would like to know is, does this thread break a record for views?
I am sure it does but who really cares about records? Interesting read (thanks Gerry) and lurkers, that are devoted to Gerry123, but to scared/timid/afraid to post a comment because of some retribution in another place.
Pretty sad state of affairs for them! At least they can see a friend/acquaintance post freely here and without drama/edit/argument, etc.

Just my 2 cents!