The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "fragment" - Line: 1303 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1303 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1395 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 500 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
Warning [2] Undefined array key 0 - Line: 1358 - File: inc/class_parser.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_parser.php 1358 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_parser.php 1395 postParser->mycode_parse_video
[PHP]   postParser->mycode_parse_video_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 500 preg_replace_callback
/inc/class_parser.php 177 postParser->parse_mycode
/printthread.php 182 postParser->parse_message
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 02:07 AM)'MIDIRI' Wrote:  Hey Gerry!  I'm here.  Love the report so far.  I was promised that I'd be a part of it, if I jumped from the cliffs at Xtabi.  So....

That does sound like something I would say. But that was for the other board. For THIS report, you needed to do more, lol.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-24-2014

Later we stopped at Canoe. It's Charlie's favorite spot, and it's a fun place to hang out because the food is good, the drinks are strong, it's right on the beach, and the chairs are comfy, which is something you should not take for granted in Negril (don't like plastic chairs).

It was Charlie's last night at Palms, and we celebrated like it was New Year's Eve with lots of drinking combined with a few extra party favors. Tony Braxton, his next-door neighbor whom Charlie had met at the Baltimore airport, was with us, and this guy really likes to party. 

Tony B has money to burn, and he was having so much fun over the first week or so with Charlie and I that he often left his wife alone in her hotel room, though she seemed OK with it. The three of us took the party to Juici's next door, a bar that is typical Negril in that the service is slow and sometimes nonsensical in terms of his priority of how to get ice and drinks and glasses all together in sync. Plus, his shot glasses that the bartender uses to measure rum are actually little HALF SHOT glasses and you can't do that to gerryg123 once I get rolling, but it was still pleasant all the way through, and then we went to Roots for some music.

Lots of flirting going on at Roots. The local girls are generally all over single guys, especially folks like us in the 40-over crowd. Technically, most of 'em are looking for money for sex, but in Jamaica they play it a little different than in the USA. They don't come right up and ask for it nor imply they're working; instead, they kind of flirt and ask for drinks and take it from there. A lot of times, a working girl will not even ask for any money at all, kind of making your fantasky of being Mr. Cool come true, but they always hit you up after for a handout, sometimes disguising the request in terms of wanting money to "pay the electric bill" or "buy a new dress" or "get a phone" or "get some hair extensions." Only an idiotic tourist would not realize what's really going on, yet somehow the back-and-forth makes the whole thing seem a bit more OK.

I've been to Negril about 25 times, and by now i've done it all, from real romances with fellow tourists, to real romances with non-working locals, to "girlfriend experience" type romances with working girls who don't let on that they're really working, to straight ho's in the privacy booths at Scrub a Dub. The past couple of years, I've pretty much kept my hands (and other body parts) to myself, prefering to focus more on the ocean, the food, the friendships with fellow boardies and others I meet. 

But ocassionally I can get a little randy and play the game. 

This time, though, way to many rum punches. The three of us and our cabbie, Manny from the west end (only charges five dollars no matter who many peeps or how far), headed back to Palms for one last night-capper, then I left my scooter at the hotel and took a ride back to Seastar Inn and crashed hard.

It was another fun-filled, action-packed day in Negril, and I still managed to wake up at 6:30 a.m. the next morning for an early spearfishing session.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Schuttzie - 06-24-2014

Getting your party on, Gerry Smile

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Likkle Red - 06-24-2014

Now that is more like it Gerry!  carry on!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-25-2014

Westender Inn is a special place. The hotel is considerably far away from just about every well-known hotel, a 2.5 mile trek past Rick's through the hills.

The property was especially peaceful when Charlie checked in, as he was one of only two guests in the place. 

I knew one of the hotel's servers, Sheldon, from previous visits, so I got his cell number and also the cell number of Chris, a young thin staffer who was technically the security guard, but with the place so secure and so little action, we kind of made him our butler. Getting the cell numbers of workers at a hotel can convert a 3.5 star property into a 5 star property -- one of the many little tricks of the trade that visiting Negril so many times has taught me.

The pool was nice and warm, and so was the the little rock jacuzzi built right in against the shore. I brought one of my rafts to Westender. Charlie was the one renting the room, but this was going to be my second home for the next week or so.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-25-2014

Here is a video driving down West End Road with cabbie Shayne and tourist Chickster. It's morning time, and we're going spearfishing.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kaycee - 06-25-2014

Love the sound of your voice! Nice video as well!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Coconut - 06-25-2014

I like Gerry's voice too and I am especially liking the smooth driving on Shayne!  So nice to see!

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-27-2014

Rasta Stan at Seastar Inn recommended German Bar, and the bearded Canadian tourist really knew what he was talking. The place has an awesome combination of excllent food, hearty portions, great prices and (especially for Negril) exceptionally fast service.

The fact that German Bar has different foods than all other places -- like schnitzel -- is a novelty, and the pizza for ten dollars is enough to serve three people. Plus, they play classic rock there, and I really like it. Additionally, there is a pool, plus it's right on the water (across from Canoe Bar). I just can't recommend this place enough.

My first meal there, I was with Charlie, plus we met Kimbo from Seastar Inn, and he is another Canuck who spends a lot of time in Negril.

German Bar is among my favorite restaurants in all of Negril, and I would visit the eatery four or five times over the final two weeks in Negril.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-27-2014

Spearfishing,

[attachment=870][/align]