The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+---- Forum: Trip Report Archive (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+---- Thread: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100266)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - gerryg123 - 06-21-2014

It’s Tuesday, a good morning for spearfishing today. The ocean was like glass, an aquarium in real-life size, and oh what a joy it was to be out there. I returned to Seastar Inn and gave the fish to Garrett, a friendly worker who always is asking for something, so it’s nice to kick him down every so often.

I ordered a grilled cheese at the restaurant, and it was good because the bread in Jamaica is twice as thick as the slices in the USA. I took a little nap only to discover the electrical current had gone out at about noon, and the generator was going, so that woke me up. Yes, unlike most hotels on the west end, the Seastar Inn has its own generator, and it comes in handy because through the years the electricity goes out about once a week or so.

I hit the pool, and Chickster said to meet him later at Margaritaville. The affable Canadian was headed there with his son. I don’t know how the two got away with leaving the wife at home, but they pulled it off, and I continually teased Chickster about the hell he would probably have to pay upon his return to the great white north.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rastagirl777 - 06-21-2014

Um, most hotels on the west end and the beach DO in fact have generators and back-up water.  Its us folks in the private homes that don't, lol.  I've actually found that the power outage situation has gotten a lot better.  Back when they were building Moondance our power went out everyday, like clockwork, at sunset because of something they did or were doing over there.  This went on for three weeks and only affected the immediate neighborhood surrounding Moondance.  I remember my friend/yardmate and I accosting a JPS truck that was stuck in traffic by Ricks, lol.

Good reporting Gerry and I know as well as you do that the "he who shall not be named" is so not a "nice guy" but I can understand the frustration when you make blanket and blunt statements that are just incorrect, for example saying "most" hotels on the West End do not have generators when in fact I'm scratching my head to figure out which ones don't - its misleading and could "scare off" potential guests who have never given the West End a try - and I'll admit I have friends that work, run and own these businesses, so pardon me for being protective Smile

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - jitterbug - 06-21-2014

gerry, you said you got a lot of hits on your report previously . . . and i bet you'd get as many hits on this board if you did the same kind of reporting . . . although, i appreciate anything i hear about jamaica . . . thank you.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rootswoman - 06-21-2014

LOL @ Jitters
I think I know what you are taliking about
I only read part of a GerryG123 trip report in the past - I think it may have been your first trip.  I tend to avoid "over there"
Let's just say that report was alot differant than this - lol
this is a "G' rated report and the one I read was....well.....  a lot more lurid.  It was no wonder you had so many views - if it was a book it would have sold a lot of copies.

You write really well Gerry  - G or X rated - its all good!  (but we all know what sells)

The lurid stuff is coming up. Stay tuned.

Rastagirl, you're always responding to my posts with something negative or a zinger of some sort - not just here but "over there" and on facebook and on TA .... Just chill, dude. I'm not asking you not to read my stuff, but if you don't like something, just go with the flow, please. I'm tired of your constant corrections and motherly advice.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - booger - 06-21-2014

I thought I was the only one that noticed. I would just say don't read it though.....

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - kaycee - 06-21-2014

(06-21-2014, 02:31 PM)'gerryg123' Wrote:  Rastagirl, you're always responding to my posts with something negative or a zinger of some sort - not just here but "over there" and on facebook and on TA .... Just chill, dude. I'm not asking you not to read my stuff, but if you don't like something, just go with the flow, please. I'm tired of your constant corrections and motherly advice.

Agreed...just saying. I notice it a lot. Please continue...ready for those x-rated details.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - MoFromMonroe - 06-22-2014

Agreed.  The report is Gerry's opinion which is what we love about it.

RE: Back after three-plus weeks in Negril - rastagirl777 - 06-22-2014

Sorry if I ruffled feathers.  It bums me out that within what seems like a nice trip report little fact bombs like the one dropped above appear - and need correction.  I'll stop doing that.  I mean, just for the record the way that was dropped was more of a fact than an opinion, at least to this reader's eye.

I'm enjoying this report - maybe because its "G" rated, lol.  Like RW, I only read a part of a report he made a few years back.  In contrast this one is more "real" to me - a "real" guy having a "real" experience that doesn't involve a lawyers guns and money type of scenario, lol.  If you are writing for "hits", well then I guess sex drugs and rock n'roll always draws (please refer to the "guilty pleasures" thread, lol).  But I gotta say, this is the first time I feel I'm actually "meeting" Gerry by way of a "trip report".

Last comment on this - or anything else you write Gerry - there was no intention to offend or far from give "motherly" advice.  I'll read on in silence and sit on my hands if I have to.

Carry on.