The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
If you feed birds - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: If you feed birds (/showthread.php?tid=100248)

Pages: 1 2 3

If you feed birds - kylake - 05-05-2014

What is coming to your feeder now. I assume this will vary greatly depending on your location. I am in TN and currently we have, gold finches, purple finches, chickadees, cardinals, indigo bunting, doves, sparrows (english and white throated), titmouse, on migration a rose breasted grosbeak, also we have seen a male and female scarlet tanager once (separate occasions).

RE: If you feed birds - Schuttzie - 05-05-2014

Good morning, Kylake!  We live in northern Illinois and have chickadees, sparrows, doves, robins, cardinals and some other sort of finch.  Not sure what that is, though.  Later in the summer we'll get these yellow and red finches.

RE: If you feed birds - Schuttzie - 05-05-2014

I actually should get a book on the birds in this area so I know what they are.

RE: If you feed birds - kylake - 05-05-2014

Schuttzie, There is a great Audubon app for android  $1.99 and the same app for iPad for $9.99. I have the android app and have seen the iPad app. Both are excellent with more pictures than the Audubon field guide. They also will play the sounds the birds make.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.audubon.mobile.android&hl=en

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/audubon-birds/id333227386?mt=8&ign-mpt=uo%3D4

RE: If you feed birds - ohliz - 05-05-2014

We have a lot of things but right now we have a super aggressive robin who built a nest on our gutter spout and has been attacking the house windows and my car for a few weeks now to protect it against the imaginary robin he sees in the glass if the sun hits it right....

RE: If you feed birds - Sharleen - 05-06-2014

I do have a couple of birdfeeders, the chicadees & tidmouses come all year, recent additions are the pretty yellow goldfinches, the cardinals & my favorites the morning doves -- they go underneath my birdfeeder.  Lots of noisy blue birds too, again underneath my feeder.  I have a couple of those huge woodpeckers in my yard too, I can't remember their names but they are BIG and very noisy and look kind of prehistoric.  The chicadees and tidmouse birds are the most tame.  The cardinals and morning doves are the most shy.  About six months or so ago I was going to take my little dog Roamie out at about five a.m., turned on the outside light and saw two bears at my birdfeeder.  It took me awhile to get comfortable with taking him out in the middle of the night after that.  My Mom's next door neighbor called her today with her first hummingbird sighting.  They are my absolute favorite visitors.  We are having frost tonight -- we have had a really horrid long an d extremly cold winter this year, I haven't planted anything yet but I can see my perennials coming up.  My daffodils & hyacinths are up though.        

RE: If you feed birds - papamark - 05-28-2014

This week in the backyard I have seen nuthaches, gold and purple finch, mourning dove, sparrows, tufted titmouse, cardinals, hairy woodpecker, downy woodpecker, grackles, blue jays, robins, juncos, black capped chickadees, ruby throated hummingbirds, great blue heron, red tailed hawk, a ground hog, and the ever pesky chipmunks and squirrels which sometimes bring in the occasional owl or fox.  I think I have a racoon interested in the hummingbird feeder but I haven't seen it for sure.  We have a busy backyard!

RE: If you feed birds - oldtimer - 05-29-2014

I have the same as you guys BUT !!!!!! no Cardinals .They are in Nova Scotia but not that common. I also have 2 pairs of Pilated Woodpeckers on the edge of my property. I have the odd Seagull as well. The Rose Grosebeak has been here all winter. the are a few hawks that do "take out ' on occasion ,but that's nature .

RE: If you feed birds - kylake - 05-29-2014

We have a racoon also papa. We have seen it on 2 different feeders eating sunflower seed as "black oil sunflower" is all we put out. Everything that eats seed eats that or the dropping from the seed, I mean everything. Plus it has a good oil base which the birds can also use for keeping their feathers oiled up.
We have a new bird as birds bring more birds. It is elusive and not really a bird seed feeder. It is a summer tanager and we have never had one before. We have seen it on 2 occasions. Also our nuthatches are back in numbers. Juncos are gone as we only get them in the winter. I will try to post a picture of the summer tanager but it is not a very good pic. Had to zoom a lot to get it.

RE: If you feed birds - kylake - 05-29-2014

Summer Tanager pic (not a very good one but the best the bird offered)
[attachment=681]