The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
This is a poll..please answer - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: This is a poll..please answer (/showthread.php?tid=100239)

Pages: 1 2

This is a poll..please answer - oldtimer - 05-01-2014

This is half ways important. How much are lobsters where you live ? I want to be able to tell the guys at the wharf what they are selling for across the nation. THANKS !!!! in advance.

RE: This is a poll..please answer - rootswoman - 05-01-2014

OT - trying to find lobsters at all in Portland Oregon is a challenge

In my search I found a fish market in Portland, Maine starting at $8.95 for the smallest up to $12.50 for the largest.

I then found this company
http://www.simplylobsters.com/Maine_Lobster_s/3.htm
That ships them - you can see the prices if you follow this link.
An internet shipping business for Lobster would be a real good thing - i guess the problem is import fees and whatnot to ship them to the USA

It used to be that you could buy them in any fish market, or from a tank in the airport get them packed in dry ice and carry them on a plane - now , ever since 9/11 you can no longer do that -

Here is an article from Portland Maine yesterday

"Lobster only major seafood to lose value over 10-year period, report says
National numbers show that lobster also saw the greatest increase in landings of 10 key species from 2003 to 2012."

http://www.pressherald.com/news/Lobster_prices__by_dropping__stand_alone__report_says.html

OT - I have not had any luck finding lobster here - ill let you know if I do.

RE: This is a poll..please answer - oldtimer - 05-01-2014

Thanks RW . I hope others chime in when they find any.

RE: This is a poll..please answer - Sharleen - 05-01-2014

I thought I could look up on the several large grocery store websites in my area the price per pound but couldn't because the price per pound fluctuates pretty much daily.  Near to my home we have an exceptionally good fish market, I can tell because all of the chefs from the more exceptionally good restaurants frequent the place.  I will find out how much they charge per pound. Lobster is one of my most favored foods in the world, but because it costs so much I rarely buy it.  And I only eat cold water lobster, I don't like the lobster in Jamaica.  When I do buy lobster infrequently for special occassions, I buy lobster tails that are about 9" long and for two it is about $30.  It seems like the global warming scenario has driven down the price of lobster per pound.  Below are some links that you might find useful.  But remember the places that ship live lobster also have a most likely pretty hefty shipping price included in their prices.  I will most likely be going to my local fish store tomorrow as well as my local grocery store tomorrow and will report on the price per pound.  None of the restaurants have reflected in their pricing any difference.  Lobster dinners remain in the $25 -35 price range.[font]http://www.cnbc.com/id/100947459[/font][font]http://www.thelobsterguy.com/live-maine-lobster.html?gclid=CKu1x8qejL4CFYMSOgod-m8AaQ[/font][font]http://www.newyorker.com/talk/financial/2013/08/26/130826ta_talk_surowiecki[/font]

RE: This is a poll..please answer - Schuttzie - 05-02-2014

It has been many years since I've had lobster but I think they run something like $15 per pound.  There is only one place here I remember that carried live lobster.  Maybe I can check this weekend.

RE: This is a poll..please answer - Kandm - 05-02-2014

Currently in my area (north of Boston) at my local market they are selling for $9.99 a pound 

RE: This is a poll..please answer - rastagirl777 - 05-02-2014

My kingdom for a North Eastern lobster.  Haven't had one in years.  The last time I bought lobster on the North East was off the dock in Freeport LI and I think they were around $4-$5 per pound.  Um...that was like 30 years ago.

RE: This is a poll..please answer - kaycee - 05-02-2014

Two for $25 here in WA state.

RE: This is a poll..please answer - Sharleen - 05-02-2014

Rastagirl777 - Freeport is a place that I go to, to eat a good dinner..  There is a place close by that hosts some really nice reggae concerts, a really big place, last summer or the summer before we went to a concert with Beres Hammond, Bunny Wailer, Sizzla & just on the street asked where we should go to eat a decent seafood dinner & we were referred to this close by town to our hotel.  We definitely had a first rate meal!   Where I work we recycle, recyle, old magazines.  I was reading one and it had all kinds of real estate postings from this area of Long Island & I was like WOW, I should buy one of these condo's & then looked at the date of the magazine & it was 1988. So I guess we do really recycle through many years. 
   I have TOTAL yardwork to do in this month, my neighbors have some kind of I think, red maple or red oak tree that sheds it leaves it early December and blows over to my yard well after they clean up their yard.  So I have to get all the leaves off of my large front yard so the grass grows.  Today was awful, from our rececently rainy deluge, all of the leaves were wet & really heavy to haul into the woods.  Plus it was really heartbreaking for me to see Roamie's little poops in the leaves that I am bagging up.  As my sweet little nine year old twin grandchildren says "such is life".  Luckily, they weren't so devastated as my youngest daughter who lives with me with the death of our little Roamie Doodle Randee.   

RE: This is a poll..please answer - Angel - 05-04-2014

Saw lobster tails yesterday at Costco they were $21.99 lb Ib said they were from Canada. Safeway had 4oz tails for $6.00 each.