The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Best time to book a flight - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Best time to book a flight (/showthread.php?tid=100216)

Best time to book a flight - rootswoman - 04-14-2014

This might help people with booking

The Best Time To Book A Plane Ticket, According To New Studyhttp://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/01/best-time-to-book-a-flight_n_4875266.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

RE: Best time to book a flight - Tammy - 04-14-2014

There was a special on booking air not long ago and the man said ALWAYS pick up the phone and call as the price would always beat what you could find online. Thought that was interesting as I have never called and always figured it would be a waste of time.

RE: Best time to book a flight - rootswoman - 04-14-2014

Yes Tammy,
My brother and his family fly all the time. He said that you find what flight you want online - know the prices - and then call the airline.

RE: Best time to book a flight - rastagirl777 - 04-15-2014

Some airlines charge you to book on the phone (i.e., American).  I book all my air travel online - for me and for my crew - and we're flying at least once a month.  For Jamaica though, since I use frequent flyer miles I take a look at the flight they have available for redemption (which are seldom good flights) then hub gets on the phone with the airline - it seems the agents on the phone have more "access" to the better flights that accomodate our needs.

Jamaica is the only trip I book more than 30 days out as well.  We're already booked for our winter trip, the earliest ever.

RE: Best time to book a flight - sammyb - 04-15-2014

I use FF miles and have never considered calling the airline, thanks for the tip RG.  Regarding travel to Jamaica I rarely book more than 60 days out...that time frame has always worked for the best fares, unless it's New Years Eve etc, funny the article recommends 101 days out.  Maybe it depends on your departure city.

RE: Best time to book a flight - Schuttzie - 04-15-2014

Wow, I never thought to call the airline directly.  I do check the airline online but they don't seem to have better prices than with the traditional search engines.  Hmm, I will try to do that next time.

Edited: I just found an airline website that was $30 cheaper per person. Haha, spoke too soon!

RE: Best time to book a flight - Dino - 04-16-2014

I should have just copy/pasted Rastagirls comments....cuz i do almost the same thing.  I have the freq flyer miles too.  I search flights online first, then call American Airlines and have the agent play with my miles and all that B.S.  It cost $25 per person/per ticket transaction (Family of 4 = $100).  I have had some much confusion and headaches with miles it is well worth the $100 to let the agent do all the booking...JMO. However, for this years trip, we paid for economy seats, but the agent got us upgrade to firstclass seats for only $60 per person....thats the stuff you can't see online.

RE: Best time to book a flight - rastagirl777 - 04-16-2014

Right Dino?  AA never puts the good frequent flyer flights online - its the only time we ever get on the phone with an agent to book air travel - EVER.  All my business travel is booked online exclusively and always directly with the airlines (I hate those third party booking sites like Kayak, Expedia, Travelocity and Priceline - I only use Kayak for research).

I book as far ahead as I can for JA (again, an anomaly for my normal travel bookings) because FF seats are getting scarcer each year and cost more miles.  Since I insist on flying First Class when I go to Jamaica I want to make sure I not only get the flights I want but the seats I want as well - for as few miles as possible Smile