The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Spring has Sprung - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Spring has Sprung (/showthread.php?tid=100191)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Spring has Sprung - rootswoman - 04-03-2014

Well, it is going to start raining shortly - and it is supposed to rain untill Monday.  I am not complaining, knowing what a bunch of you are dealing with.  It is 54F here at the moment and it is supposed to be sunny and in the 70's on Monday.  Wow!

Spring is very much here in the Pacific Northwest.  This is our first spring in this house and it is very exciting to see what is popping up in the gardens and around the neighborhood.  People love gardening in Oregon and our landlords are no exception. I feel blessed to be able to share with you some of the magic that is happening before our eyes. 

[attachment=438][attachment=437][attachment=436][attachment=435][attachment=434]

Spring is so fleeting - I am trying to catch as much of it as I can.  

We had no idea what kind of bulbs and perenials would emerse from the soil.  I planted 50 Daffodil bulbs last November and they all seemed to have popped up.  This spring I planted a whole lot of Panseys in front and Dread bought me a huge tray of Petunias that I just planted in pots.  They will stay where they are untill the rainy season ends and then Ill figure out what to do with them.  There is a huge wisteria over the deck - we hear it doesnt always bloom but it grows so much we will have an outdoor room.  I can't wait.  We read up on how to make it bloom and hope our tricks will work.

( I hate that we cant preview the pictures - also it says up till ten pics but the upload option vanished after 5. - we have some kinks to work out still - this is a good reason to practice so we can know what needs fixing)

RE: Spring has Sprung - rootswoman - 04-03-2014

[attachment=443][attachment=439] 

Please add your Spring pics - even if they are piles of snow or hail - if you feel so inclined!

I also don't like that I cant move the pictures around ... things to work on I better make a list!

RE: Spring has Sprung - Susantherese - 04-03-2014

Beautiful!  I won't take a picture of the snowstorm we are having right now....don't want to preserve the memory...loved yours, though!

RE: Spring has Sprung - Schuttzie - 04-04-2014

Absolutely gorgeous, Rootswoman!  I love what you both have done and it looks so cheery.  That knarly tree in your back yard is so cool!  I see you have peonies coming up, as well, they have a fantastic smell.  My flowers and bulbs are just beginning to show up.  It is rainy here today.  If I remember, I'll try to get some pictures this weekend and post.

Happy Friday!!

RE: Spring has Sprung - Coconut - 04-04-2014

I, too, love that tree in your backyard!!! Great pictures. I am a gardening fanatic, can't get enough. Not sure I live in part of the world that gets snow half the year... Wink The blueish-purplish AMAZING flower in pics 4 and 4 - what are they!??!!

RE: Spring has Sprung - rootswoman - 04-04-2014

Thanks guys!  I think the gnarly tree you are talking about is actually the weeping willow which is on the side of our house more in the front yard.  It is such a beautiful tree, I have always wanted a weeping willow sonce I was a little girl so it makes me very happy  Here is a picture of it last fall.
 [attachment=448]

I was so excited to see the peonies!  They are definitly a favorite.  I do not know what those purple flowers are -  they seem like they are in the poppy family - they are so pretty - im trying to figure out what they are - perhaps someone will see this and be able to help. There are hyacinth and grape hyacinth and some small purple flowers that are a sort of ground cover and then there are those poppy type that I took a close up of.  

I will take more pictures soon - I need to show you the wisteria!

So sorry about the snow Susantherese -  I hope that seeing these pictures will help you see that spring is heading your way.  Hang in there, I feel for you big time!   I am from Maine and I miss being at the beach, and I miss family and friends,  but I do not miss living there what so ever - and that is purely because winter is so darn long!

RE: Spring has Sprung - Bruce - 04-04-2014

Beautiful photos of beautiful flowers Rootswoman! Love your house also. No photos of flowers to be taken for a long time around here. Last year sucked for flower photos also. I was going to really work on that last summer but only ended up with a handful of ones that I liked.

RE: Spring has Sprung - Coconut - 04-05-2014

OH my goodness! Look at that amazing tree!!!

Hey Rootswoman! Guess what? There I was in Walmart today in the gardening department and guess what was staring me in the face? Your flower!! I *think* they are Anemone and this bag had your colour, a deeper purple and pink! They have the most unusual corm - like a big piece of rough gravel. I could not believe it! The universe works in strange ways some days... Smile