The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Good marnin friends and foe - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Good marnin friends and foe (/showthread.php?tid=100187)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Good marnin friends and foe - oldtimer - 04-03-2014

BP...Yes I did. Even though it was a movie it was based on a real storm. We were fishing Tuna in a place called The Hell Hole .(you can look that up on google ) . It is about 125 miles off the South West coast of Nova Scotia. It came up really fast and when we started to head in the stabileizer ( that tall thing that keeps the boat from rolling so much ) came smashing down and tore of part of the washboard. The cable came through the wheelhouse and smashed about $25,000 worth of electronics . We took over 24 hours to get in .The waves were 20ft plus and that is the limit for a 45' boat. All together it cost me $80,000 to fix the Karen.We were one of the last boats in . One of my daughter's was crew on board and she didn't say a word until we tied up at the wharf. She even took the wheel for a couple of hours , now she has a story...hehehe This was unpredicted to be like it was. The biggest problem is having to keep her with lots of throttle so it won't fall off the wave or slide sideways and flip. This is no container ship it's not much better than Christopher Columbus when it's a storm like that. The sea is merciless !!!! and don't ever forget it !!!!!!!

RE: Good marnin friends and foe - rootswoman - 04-03-2014

That is some nasty looking hail Piney!
I haven't seen hail for a long time - knock on wood!

Ot - I can't even imagine what that storm would have been like.

I think if there is anyone who I would want piloting me through such a storm, it would be you. It must have been so hard having your daughter on board during all that. It sounds like you saved some lives that day!

RE: Good marnin friends and foe - oldtimer - 04-05-2014

RW..I would like to respond to you about the storm. I was a VERY !!!! proud father and Capt. with my daughter by my side. She was true to the cause !!! She is now a corperate lawyer in Calgary . How would you like to go up against her ?...hehehe.
There are many GREAT !!!! Captain's in the fishing community . Most losses at sea are caused by policies like quota's forcing boats to go to sea . Well I guess you could just not go BUT THAT AIN'T FISHIN" !!!!! I have always brought my crew home ,good planning or good luck ????? I'm not sure. It doesn't really turn out like it does on TV (Wicked Tuna ) most times . We have the Blessing of the Fleet each year and We (as in most Capt's ) find it quite emotional when the bell tolls for the young men who didn't return. This might sound all soppy and boo hoo but it's not ,this is taken quite seriously . When you fish sometimes I feel like a whore to the sea !!! but it's what I know !!!! The only thing worse than fishing is not fishing , if that makes sense .

RE: Good marnin friends and foe - jitterbug - 04-05-2014

good morning folks . . . it's still winter in winnipeg . . .

RE: Good marnin friends and foe - oldtimer - 04-07-2014

I saw a groundhog this morning. I wonder what that means ?

RE: Good marnin friends and foe - jitterbug - 04-07-2014

does that mean winter is over?

the snow is slowly melting here in winnipeg.
still huge, huge piles everywhere, but its going down, slowly!
very foggy this morning. windshield still frozen up.

RE: Good marnin friends and foe - Schuttzie - 04-07-2014

Wow, OT, that must have been so scary!  I can't even imagine going through something like that.  I do understand about fishing being in your blood as my husband has fished forever and has explained somewhat the need to fish.

Hopefully, you Canadians are approaching spring!