The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Another drowning in Negril - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Another drowning in Negril (/showthread.php?tid=100157)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Another drowning in Negril - barbara - 03-24-2014

It was in the STAR...  Not tech savey enough to pull it over....

The Guy is from Pennsylvania.. David McCormick, 43...   Seems to be a dispute as to where he was swimming...

RE: Another drowning in Negril - barbara - 03-24-2014

Also... are there RIPTIDES on the Negril beach..  I don't swim well, and usually don't go beyond the ropes...

Thanks

RE: Another drowning in Negril - rootswoman - 03-24-2014

http://www.abc27.com/story/25050888/police-pennsylvania-man-drowns-in-jamaica

Police: Pennsylvania man drowns in Jamaica
Posted: Mar 23, 2014 3:16 PM PDT
Updated: Mar 23, 2014 2:16 PM PDT

KINGSTON, Jamaica (AP) - Police in Jamaica say an American vacationer has drowned while swimming off a popular resort town on the western side of the Caribbean island.

The Jamaica Constabulary Force identifies the dead man as 43-year-old David McCormick of the U.S. state of Pennsylvania. It has not released the man's hometown.

A Sunday police statement says McCormick was swimming off the beach town of Negril when he got into difficulties and "drowned before help could reach him."

He had been staying at a resort perched on Negril's seaside cliffs.

Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or

RE: Another drowning in Negril - Blues Pirate - 03-24-2014

According to OGNR he was staying at Moondance Cliffs

Jamaican Observer
http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/UPDATE--US-man-drowned-in-Jamaica-was-awaiting-homicide-trial-at-home
UPDATE: US man drowned in Jamaica was awaiting homicide trial at home

"PENNSYLVANIA, United States (AP) — A western Pennsylvania man who drowned while swimming off the coast of a popular Jamaican resort town was awaiting trial for vehicular homicide in Pennsylvania.

Greensburg defence attorney Kenneth Burkley tells the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review that the dead man was his client, 43-year-old David McCormick, of Jeannette, located about 25 miles east of Pittsburgh.

The Jamaica Constabulary Force said in a statement Sunday that McCormick was swimming off the beach town of Negril when he got into difficulties and "drowned before help could reach him". He had been staying at a resort in the town.

McCormick had been scheduled for trial in August on drunken driving and vehicular homicide charges stemming from an October 9 crash that killed Francis Cossick of Murrysville.

Burkley says McCormick was barred from driving while awaiting trial."

I am so sorry for his family - what a double whammie

what a terrible thing to happen -
it seems a little complicated - eh?

as far as i know there are not much in the way of riptides. if you stay close to shore (as long as there are no jetskis) it should be a VERY safe place to swim.

i dont recommend swimming and drinking / smoking / mushrooms...
its hard to know what was happening here..

RE: Another drowning in Negril - rastagirl777 - 03-24-2014

Rip tides?  Really?  Never experienced that.

Sleeper waves on the cliffs?  Oh, you bet - I've seen that happen many, many times over.

Anymore details on this drowing?  How terrible.

RE: Another drowning in Negril - rastagirl777 - 03-24-2014

Wow that was quick.  Moondance Cliffs is practically next door to my yard - my friends mentioned nothing of it when we Skyped just an hour ago, lol.  I'm sure there had to be quite the commotion with police sirens and such.

The sea there can get very gnarly.  I know I don't like to go into the sea from our yard after Noon or 1:00pm when it gets rough.  Sorry for the man and his family.

RE: Another drowning in Negril - Schuttzie - 03-24-2014

Sad, my condolences to the family~