The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Ochie Help - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Ochie Help (/showthread.php?tid=100151)

Pages: 1 2

Ochie Help - BrenJaLee - 03-22-2014

Hi All, sorry I don't post here much.  I admit, I mostly live on FB these days but I know you all are the experts to come to.  My April trip is going to include a week in Negril and a week in Ocho Rios.  My friend got us a deal at one of the big fancy AI's, and although that's not really my style, it was too good to pass up.  It will be my first time to that part of the island.  The closest I've come is a trip on a bamboo raft down the Martha Brae and an evening boat ride at Glistening Waters.  So, I need a little help...

I don't want to have anything pre-planned as I'm long past the having plans and schedules in Jamaica but I'd love the names/numbers of some trusted drivers that I can call on should we decide to get out and about.  I have no desire to do the super touristy stuff like Dunns but if I did something it might be more along the lines of the Firewater place, Fern Gully, or other off the beaten track type places (suggestions appreciated).

We may end up just chilling the whole week and not doing a whole lot but I do know that if we escape from the AI walls it sure as heck isn't going to be on one of their pre-arranged tours.

Thanks everyone!

P.S. Thanks for all of your work on the new board Dread... it's looking great!!!!!

RE: Ochie Help - Mattjamaica - 03-25-2014

Hi Bren,

Near Echange up the white river is a nice blue hole, with a couple of nice waterfalls, one hidden a couple hundred yards upstream, not touristy at all, it was empty both times I went. There is also a very cool greathouse maybe 30 or 40 min drive inland, when the name comes to me I will let you know, they used to allow people to stay over, perched on a hill, near an old plantation, it has been renovated, it is very good. Fern guly is ok, there is another blue hole, they say is bottomless just outside of Moneague, but it may be farther then you want to drive, it's probably 40 min out. Good luck in Ochie, try some seafood at Whalers in fishermans ebach.

RE: Ochie Help - rootswoman - 03-25-2014

It's nice to see you posting here Bren
(and im glad you too made it over Mattj)

RE: Ochie Help - Mattjamaica - 03-25-2014

No worries RW.
The great house is called Tamarind, I will pull up some of my pics of that place and post one of these days.

RE: Ochie Help - BrenJaLee - 03-25-2014

Thanks for these options Matt.  I'm making a note of them.  I hope to find the name/number of a good driver that I could call on.  I'll check with my drivers in Negril too and see if they know of someone they can refer me to in Ocho Rios.

RE: Ochie Help - booger - 03-25-2014

Brenda,
Can I come?

RE: Ochie Help - ohliz - 03-26-2014

My kids were in JA in Feb and said that Blue Hole/Hidden Falls was their favorite trip of all. It's on my list, though I don't think I'll be on the east end of JA this year.

RE: Ochie Help - BrenJaLee - 03-29-2014

Absolutely Booger. Hop on the plane with me! Smile  Thanks Liz. The Blue Hole/Hidden Falls sounds right up my alley.

RE: Ochie Help - monica - 03-30-2014

You should consider checking out Enchanted Gardens for a day trip. Its so beautiful, 14 waterfalls on the property.

RE: Ochie Help - monica - 04-01-2014

I googled Enchanted Gardens and it is now called Turtle River Falls and Gardens. Its on Trip Advisor with pics and has excellent reviews. Still so beautiful!!!