The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? (/showthread.php?tid=100138)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - ohliz - 03-23-2014

Thank you for the input!

Roaring River doesn't appeal because the caves don't, and every time I think of going around this time of year I'm told the water is too low to really swim.

Zimbali sounds interesting but my primary focus is being in the water and seeing cool new stuff and eating...in that order, so Abeokuta may be more up my alley.

Jitter I can't believe you've not been to Mayfield! I think you'll love it! Some of my larger group is going but I've been 3x now...looking for something new.

I did decide I want to take the back way to Negril this time, got friends with me who have never been that way and for me, it's been awhile. (Well, since last year since we went to Treasure beach...but not the Ferris Cross-Negril part. Anyone know how badly the road is torn up down there right now?

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - JamaGinger - 03-23-2014

Yes, the water was much lower in the blue hole there during my visit about three weeks ago. It looked to be a good 7- 10 feet lower than normal, but there was still water in it. Someone had mentioned that it was dried up, but it is not. Hope you enjoy whatever adventure you decide to take this trip!

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - booger - 03-23-2014

Liz,
If in back way U mean from Mo bay to Negril the road is fine. My next reach I'm doing the back way both ways. 20-30 minutes longer, however so much better. I love the section thru the hills the best.

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - rastagirl777 - 03-24-2014

Boy, I haven't been to Roaring River for years.  I have a friend who is from there so when we'd go we'd go with her, visit her family and never got hassled.  Her brother took us down in the cave one year.

It took me what, 20? 25 years to get to YS Falls.

Booger, by the "back" way I'm guessing you plan to take the inland route?  If so, you mus' stop at Borders Smile  I like the inland route, its very pretty, slower, more like the "old" road to Negril in that you actually go through small towns and such.  We used to opt to take the inland route when the old coast road was really torn up.  Worst issue we ever had with that was getting stuck behind a cane truck - that doesn't seem to happen much these days.

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - ohliz - 03-24-2014

I haven't gone to Negril via the back way since the coast highway was under construction but when I go next month, I am going the back way - already booked it!

I haven't gone straight to Negril from the airport in so many years, I'd forgotten that I am in no way, at all, in a rush to get there. I much prefer changing into summer clothes and making my "transfer" into an adventure tour. Vacation starts at the airport and this year it starts with waiting for my friends who arrive 45 mins after me, then heading over and down (with a Border jerk stop) and maybe a stop at that beverage wholesaler in Sav and who knows what else. Got a driver who told me any stops are no problem and neither is going the back way.

Years ago I used to change into a swimsuit at the airport so I could swim when we stopped here and there on the old coast road. Between that and snacks and drinks it took us like 4-5 hours to get to our hotel, and it was a BLAST Smile