The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? (/showthread.php?tid=100138)

Pages: 1 2

Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - ohliz - 03-18-2014

Hi,

I'll be in Negril soonish and likely not able to fit in my normal running around Jamaica. I'd still like to do/see something cool that I never have before, it just needs to be fairly close to Negril

I have done almost all the "normal" stuff reasonably close to Negril (Mayfield, YS, Blue Hole in Brighton, Little Bay....). I love to swim in clean, clear freshwater...rivers, blue holes, that sort of thing.

So I am considering:

Abeokuta

Roaring River (tend to think not because it has always sounded like a big hassle to me)

Some river not too far from Negril someone mentioned a place called Steve's or something?

Paradise Park (but not into horseback riding)

So folks...can anyone suggest something not too far out there that's cool and where there won't be any/many other people? Needs swimming and a bit of interior - mountains or whatever- preferable.

THANKS!

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - kim in socal - 03-18-2014

The first thing that came to mind is Zimbali.
I think you can swim in a nearby river (or stream) after the farm tour and lunch.
Have not been there (yet)...

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - daniel - 03-18-2014

I would really like to go to Abeokuta. I have tried to find it , but failed at least 3 times. We had fun getting lost and I am sure we were close , but haven't made it yet.. it looks nice. the thought of swimming in a 200 + year old swimming pool sounds neat as hell.

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - ohliz - 03-18-2014

It does look neat. I imagine I'd contact them for a ride if I go.

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - jitterbug - 03-18-2014

i loved my visit to roaring river . . .

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - ohliz - 03-19-2014

So no hassles at RR or did you enjoy it beyond that?

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - rastagirl777 - 03-19-2014

I have to say, you'd LOVE Zimbali as well! Real "heart stuff". They will pick you (and your group?) up anywhere in Negril, drive you up, take you back...tour the farm, see/eat the cooking demonstration - chill. Its a beautiful little gem just outside of Little London and a terrific way to spend an afternoon. A real crowd pleaser if you have peeps with you.

Abeokuta is wonderful too - great place to walk around, swim in the pool - eat if you want (you'll need to contact "Brother Man" to arrange for food).

Another off-the-beaten-path I've often enjoyed is Venture River aka Steve's Water Park (or something like that). Similar to Roaring River - without the blue holes or hassles - its private property that Steve's family opens up to the public to enjoy.

Half Moon Beach is always a great way to spend a day and now they are offering snorkeling tours, rafting to one of their private islands and I believe horseback riding! Great to get off the busy beach and visit a pristine uncrowded and peaceful beach.

We took a motorcycle ride out to Lances Bay and had a great time there. Nice small and very swimmable beach and little shops to hang out at, play dominoes and chat with the neighbors.

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - ohliz - 03-23-2014

I like the Steve's idea....that and Abeokuta sound like what I'm looking for.

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - jitterbug - 03-23-2014

hope you enjoy your tour liz.

my group is going to do mayfield falls. i've never been and am looking forward to something new.

RE: Negril area cool stuff...Rivers? Blue Holes? - JamaGinger - 03-23-2014

I've been to Abeoukuta, Zimbali, and Roaring River all within the last couple of years. It was my third visit to Roaring River. My...have things have changed. I think it might still be closed, because the government is redoing the gardens next to the blue hole. We talked the one guy into letting us go in and look around, but the other guy did not want to agree to it, because he said it was against the rules and that it was closed.

It looks great! They have installed beautiful stonework in several places. It's going to be paradise, when they finish with it. But, who knows how crowded it will be. That was one of the things I always loved about the gardens were that there were never that many people there.

Love Zimbali. The food is so good. The chefs are really fun and interactive. I did not see the river, because we only went for lunch and the farm tour which must not be in the direction of the river. I have seen pictures of people swimming in the river.

Abeoukuta is very laid back and nice. The pool is cool. They prepare food on site. Very chill there.