The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 41 - File: inc/class_session.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/class_session.php 41 errorHandler->error
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Let's Meet and Greet! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Let's Meet and Greet! (/showthread.php?tid=100134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Dino - 03-19-2014

Well, guess it's my turn. My wife (Erika) and I were married in Jamaica in 1998. We had a cool wedding with actors such as Peter Fonda, Joe Walsh (musician), Daniel Baldwin, Stephen Stills(from Crosby, Stills & Nash) and Tracii Bingham (original Baywatch cast memeber) who attended....that story is too long to explain (Haha!). We did our married/couples thing for several years exploring Jamaica and being adventurous. We've met so many wonderful people and have been able to seperate acquaintances from true friends in Jamaica. I got into the cab business in Jamaica almost ten years ago, but can't wouldn't call myself the Donald Trump of Jamaican cabs. Yet, it gives us a sense of connection with Jamaica that brings us back....bright side is it pays for our trips. We've dabbled at the A/I's and then bopped around from one place to the next in Negril over the years. We started bringing our kids since they were born and have every year since, now calling CoCo La Palm our new resting place each year. For us, its been great experiencing Jamaica as a couple, but the real joy has been watching our kids grow in learning about Jamaica.
[attachment=268]

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Schuttzie - 03-19-2014

That is really cool, Dino, and it allows you to go often to JA!

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Raine - 03-19-2014

Oldtimer, I love love Scotia my Mom and I visit Scotia and PEI frequently. I cannot see pictures or able to post them. Guess I will eventually figure out how to post the. I was told by a friend that because I am using a tablet whatever program that allows me to see the pics I don't have on the tablet I will figure it out one day....I guess

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Blues Pirate - 03-19-2014

Hey Everyone!
I am a recovering Jamaicaholic. I first visited Trelawny in 1978 and returned the following year for a rather crazy & memorable trip with my brother to Negril. And the rest they say is history. I am proud to be a member of the infamous Negril Map Team along with Ohliz, Rastagirl777, BrenJaLee and a few others. Recently I have become discouraged with the way things have changed on the island with the direction of tourism development and increased numbers of opportunists. There is an uneasy feeling about the runnings now that did not exist for many years. The more I have learned the more discouraged I have become. So I started going to the Puerto Vallarta area where I have friends who live there year round. Although I prefer the 'original' Negril vibe (I know Ohliz, I can hear you now saying try Treasure Beach), I haven't written Jamaica off, and will likely return sometime in the future. For something a little different I am in the early stages of planning a trip to Tulum next winter with another couple. So for the time being I'm feeling more at ease in Mexico and hope to eventually retire there when I win the lottery. This photo is taken in the marina district just north of PV.
[attachment=269]

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - kylake - 03-19-2014

My turn
My history is I worked as a Ironworker out of local 492 and did everything from being a "worker bee" to a superintendent. 30 years of wear on the body and reaction times and balance getting worn out I retired from ironwork. I had been fooling with computers since 1996 and turned in a resume for a simple help desk job never thinking they would hire me at my age but they did.
So 6 years later I am working a help desk supporting about 9 websites, some internet, some extranet and some intranet.

Total newbie to Negirl, Beth and I (Larry aka kylake) have traveled to several Caribbean islands over the years but mostly Isla Mujeres, Mexico. After 9 years at Isla I needed a change to become a tourist again. Negril was the pick and I am just learning the "runnings" as they are called and I like the place since historical Negril is unknown to me.
Are there problems in Negril and Jamaica?, sure but most any 3rd world country has problems of one kind or another and unless you have a historical view of the place you might not notice (as much), simply an new tourist and that is mostly our situation.

New trip just around the corner and "soon come" as they say for another "reach".

Seriously I have taken about 3 selfies in my life but here is one from last year of the both of us at Sun Beach next to CoCo, we had done a long walk that day and started back and stopped to eat there.
[attachment=270]

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Kandm - 03-20-2014

Ok, I'll be next. My husband and I first visited Negril in 2005 for my 40th birthday and were instantly hooked. We returned every year for the next 5 years for my bday, with a New Years trip thrown in one year. We haven't returned since 2010 because we rescue dogs and our current boxer has such separation anxiety that it triggers seizures. So we now head to the mountains where we rent a lake house that allows us to bring our 2 dogs and cat with us.

Prior to our first trip, in doing research I found the other board. It was incredibly helpful in the planning of our trip and I read it faithfully everyday. It was probably a year or 2 later that the good ole rose colored glasses came off and I was more and more put off by the powers that be over there and found my way to the yellow board. I have been a daily reader ever since and at the risk of sounding like a crazy stalker woman, I feel like I "know" all of you already so it seems only right to share a little about my self.

My husband is from the Bahamas and I met him while I was vacationing there. Within 8 months we were married-crazy I know-but that was 17 years ago so I think we are going to make it haha. I was a "Dead Head" back in the day and all of my vacation time then was used on following the boys around-being fortunate enough to see well over 100 shows.

Nowadays life focuses around our rescues and trying to get fit. I've struggled with my weight my entire life and in the past 2 years have really focused on getting healthy and staying active. My husband is a great supporter in this endeavor and the attached photo is a picture of us getting ready to do our first 5k race back in Oct of 2012. 2 weeks from Saturday we will be doing our first Obstacle Course Race together which is a 5k race up and down a ski slope with 20 obstacles throughout the course (monkey bars, 10 foot walls, cargo nets etc)-wish me luck!
[attachment=271]

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Schuttzie - 03-20-2014

Kandm and Kylake, you guys are such cute couples! My husband and I also like to be fit and active and workout all the time, eating healthy is the way to go as I'm turning the big 50 this month, haha. Even tried paddle boarding this year on vacation.

BluesPirate, I hear you on the vibes changing and I guess, that is why we haven't been back for quite some time and instead have been concentrating on Puerto Rico. But I'd like to check out Belize, Cost Rica and others on our radar.

I love getting to know all of you....thank you for sharing about yourselves in this thread, Bless!

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Dino - 03-20-2014

Kandm:
You should plan your next trip to Negril (if do-able) in early December. The Reggae Marathon takes place in Negril every year that time. My wife and son particpate every year and the experience is awesome....so they say, I just watch from the street side and take pics. It is a Full Marathon, a Half Marathon and a 10K. Both my wife and son only do the 10k, but this year I think my son is gonna try the Half-M. Its always the first Saturday in December...this year its Dec 6th. Here is the link if you have interest. http://www.reggaemarathon.com/

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - rootswoman - 03-20-2014

Everybody is just so cute and likeable!!

T4624

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Tanfastic - 03-20-2014

Wow, where do I start? So my beautiful wife ( Mrs. DD) and I first went o Jamaica in 1999, i moved to & grew up in Puerto Rico, Haiti and Dominican Republic back in the late 60's and left in the late 70's. I'm a sales trainer, a licensed Minister (performed 2 weddings and a funeral) and a former tennis professional.
I fell in love with the Island on our first trip but had a 15 yeR lapse between trips. we are. arrived now 3+ yeRs and never been in more love. Have two beautiful daughters that are 24 &19. We live in a little cowboy town called CaveCreek, Azande love life.
We met Booger on our last reach, he is a hell of a guy, and also met Tizzy in TX on a business trip. Beautiful woman, hell of a Mom and just a great soul!
Love the Forum, love reading the posts and most of all love all of you that accept each of us for who we are? So much better and non judgmental of the other place and free to speak our mind. Thanks for the acceptance, for the irie vibe and most of all for the friendship!
What am I most proud of... I've lost 55 pounds on the last 6 months, got a spectacular wife and 2 spectacular daughters. Love, peace & respect to all of you!