The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Let's Meet and Greet! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Let's Meet and Greet! (/showthread.php?tid=100134)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Let's Meet and Greet! - rootswoman - 03-17-2014

I think its time for us to step up and introduce ourselves - say a little something about ourselves - share some picture if you like.

I will start and I hope others will follow my lead.

I am rootswoman
I am a recovering Jamaicaholic
I miss Jamaica but would like to see more of Mexico so I'm torn about where to go next.
I live with our board Tech, Dreadneck, near Portland Oregon - we moved here from Los Angeles just over year ago. We love it here.

I love vintage stuff - I buy stuff from thrift shops and yard sales and sell it on EBay. I am also obsessed with decorating our home with vintage stuff.
I have been doing a 12 week fitness challenge through our town recreational center so I am taking Yoga, Tai chi, Swim Aerobics and doing Strength Training.
I was trained in French Cooking and have cooked all of my life, at home and professionally, so we eat very well. (hence the fitness challenge).
I love taking picture - especially of flowers.

and I never turn down a HUGE Margarita

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Beavbuds - 03-17-2014

Ok, I've got time on my hands..the wifey is watching the "Voice"..Sigh...
I am a Jamaicaholic: I dreamed about Jamaica from the first time i read a travel magazine in my early teens. I continued to read extensively through the yrs and I finally managed my first taste of Ochi at 25 yrs old, off a cruise. (That is a story in its self!)I have returned 5x since, not always to Negril & never off a cruise againSad I followed the other Board from its inception and have met its originator(we r from the same state) and met some of the characters from that era( Rasta John,Blondie,Chuck,Dick and Estelle,Thong Man,Funny Face,Patrick,Prento,Pirate) Those r the ones i remember off the top of my head! Can u say Yacht Club. Webcast of Rj and Blondie wedding on the Beach.. Anyone rember that???? I still love Jamaica, its just changed alot and i don't always like change!
Retail Management has primarily paid the bills for me for me since my 20's. Wifey works for large international corp.
I am a passionate advocate for legalizing Cannabis/Marijuana/Herb/Ganja/Weed!!! Its a plant for Christ sake!!
I love a adventure and traveling anywhere new!(especially if someone else pays for it)
I like the outdoors,all form of Motorsports,(I travel by Motorcycle in Jamaica)Beaches,Hot sun,Cold Beer and Good Honest people!
I'm not a expert on Jamaica but a avid follower the Island and have definitely enjoyed every stay. The good and the Bad!(sometimes brought on by self)
Wifey and I coming up on 24 yrs married,met at 17.
23 yr old Son who just did a day his first solo day in Jamaica w/his GF Last week.
Photo is of wifey,Son,and myself..the Adorable redhead is my niece that squeezed in the shot for Sons 23 B day.
WTF...This is the most info i have ever shared on internet about myself ever. HMMMM.......

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Raine - 03-17-2014

I am a student have one more year before I get my degree not sure if am going to do my Masters. My Mom and I live in a burb outside Toronto. I went to Jamaica once when I was about 12, am an only child with a sometimes overprotective Mom she slowly letting go of the rope yes rope...lol. We mostly travel within Canada. My Mom also comes on to lurk using my login that's about it folks am pretty boring btw I love love spicy food.

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Sophie - 03-17-2014

Well, I'm Sophie. Married to Smokey 30 years in July. We are on a travel break for a while. Smokey had a surgery in December and just had another last week. Hoping to go somewhere this summer, as pissed as we get at things in Jamaica the beach is sounding sooooooo good right about now. Not some of the fools on it mind you, just the beach-lol

I love to read read read. I love my Murphy the wonder dog[attachment=243]

I like to fix things, build things, redecorate, paint. As I knock on 50's door I get pissed that I'm not half the man I used to be-LOL Most of all I love my Smokey.

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Sophie - 03-17-2014

[attachment=244]Let me try that last pic again........

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Kiknback - 03-17-2014

Well, I'm Paul, my wife Georgia and I live in the Washington DC area and have been married 15 years, no kids. We love to travel, and have been to many countries, but the past few years we have been coming back to Jamaica fairly regularly.
[attachment=245]

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - kaycee - 03-17-2014

Hi!! I'm Kaycee!! I currently live near Olympia,WA. Like everyone else, I too LOVE Jamica!! A few years ago I found out I had family in Jamaica...how cool is that? Lol! I have not met all my Jamaican relatives as of yet. The few I have met seem to be very reserved.

In my spare time I like to read...any and everything. Recently, I lost close to 20lbs. I cut beef, rice, sweets, caffeine, and salt from my diet... I'm going to look extra sexy in my swimsuit!!

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Oldtimer2 - 03-18-2014

I am the oldtimer. I'm a retired ( I think ) fisherman/construction worker from Nova Scotia. I'm beat to hell tired and cranky. I have 4 daughters and a son and 11 grandkids. I have been going to and working in Jamaica since 1968. Besides being a father the hardest thing I did work wise was to survive the perfect storm. I did $80,000 worth of damage to my boat The Karen trying to get ashore . I was never scared BUT I WAS WORRIED...hehehe I think the you guys are the best !!!!

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Schuttzie - 03-18-2014

Well, where to start. Hubby and I fell in love with Jamaica in Dec. 2003 when we took our two daughters at Christmas time (ages 8 & 9). We had researched and read "Rasta Heart" which is about the Rasta life and Jamaica. I was thrilled when the author called me up after I had emailed him asking for more information, lol. We spoke about the lifestyle in JA and about Rastas. We ended up at some of the places he wrote about in the book on the north coast. Well we went to Jamaica for 6yrs at Christmas time with our girls. We still love Jamaica but haven't been back for some time.

We've been going to Puerto Rico since 2009 and really love it there. My hubby is recently retired from construction so now we are more free to travel, hopefully. I'm retired from working as a tax preparer with an accounting firm. We are really wanting to find a place in the caribbean to live, either part time or full time.

[attachment=248]

RE: Let's Meet and Greet! - Nurse Marcia - 03-18-2014

[attachment=250]

My first visit to Jamaica was 1992.
I was the director of Friends of Jamaica USA for 6 years before it went inactive. I recently retired and am now working on a project with my Doctor friend in Kingston (I met her while establishing a Neonatal Resuscitation Program in Jamaica with the Ministry of Health from 2000-2006.) She has asked me to help her develop Transport Protocols for the Island - this will greatly improve the transfer of sick babies from smaller hospitals to Kingston for Intensive Care. (I was a Neonatal Transport nurse in Rockford IL for 23 years.)

I'm having trouble posting photos. In preview, I see a blue box with a question mark. Anyone?