The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Board Customization - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Board Customization (/showthread.php?tid=100092)

Pages: 1 2

Board Customization - dreadneck - 03-10-2014

If you're using a phone or tablet, the board may not yet appear optimal. Optimization is a high priority, as the mix of devices has changed dramatically over the past year or so. Should see some improvement over the course of this week.

There are a lot of missing threads. I had to build a separate script to link posts and threads. There should be improvement this week.

Keep me posted on missing or broken stuff, and I'll keep you posted on updates.

RE: Board Customization - Blues Pirate - 03-10-2014

You are doing a great job!

RE: Board Customization - wendy - 03-10-2014

thank you for the step by step for uploading photos xxoo

RE: Board Customization - rootswoman - 03-10-2014

If you have a second go to Bruce's thread and see what Angel is saying about pictures -
you may have seen it hence what you said above. Something seems to be messed up with picture sizing - i think Bruce is still waiting but I thought you fixed the problem - I am eager to see his pictures lol

RE: Board Customization - daniel - 03-10-2014

They are still way large, and so are rastagirl777's in the cave thread.

RE: Board Customization - kylake - 03-10-2014

Dread is doing a great job and everyone is mentioning that for good reason. I guess it is the geek in me but we all can provide more help so he can figure these problems out more easily.

The type internet browser you are using is much more important than you might think (IE, Chrome, Firefox, Safari). Also if on a mobile device the type android or iOS (did you know a mobile browser is not like a computer browser even if the same kind).

I did a test today on a mobile device expecting it to fail and it did not. My options were limited to not having the selection of the gallery on my Nexus tablet running Android 4.4.2. Other than that it worked perfectly

For me pictures are find on both a computer (Firefox) and mobile device Nexus (Chrome). Computer running newest version of Firefox and Nexus running newest version of mobile Chrome. On the tablet the pics even resize on the from vertical to horizontal to fit the size screen being used. I was impressed!

So if your pictures are large or something else is our of order, you might provide a little more information about exactly what you are using.
If an ipad what kind (1,2,3) and what iOS. We have stuff at work that will now run on iOS 7.0 but not 6.0. If a computer what internet browser.

Just saying it might make Dread's job easier and no offense meant to anyone. Kind of like going to a doctor and saying it hurts but not wanting to tell him where it hurts.

Well off the soap box now.

RE: Board Customization - Bruce - 03-10-2014

(03-10-2014, 03:55 PM)rootswoman Wrote:  If you have a second go to Bruce's thread and see what Angel is saying about pictures -
you may have seen it hence what you said above. Something seems to be messed up with picture sizing - i think Bruce is still waiting but I thought you fixed the problem - I am eager to see his pictures lol

LOL!

I see Wendy has posted some photos and they are sized smaller than mine. I will ask her what she is doing. Like I mentioned, they are perfectly sized on my newer Android phone, and on my monitor they fill the whole screen, but I see the whole photo. I am using Chrome. Obviously for some people the images are larger than their screens, so until I figure out how to make them so everyone can see them correctly, I will hold off from adding more.

RE: Board Customization - Tanfastic - 03-10-2014

I'm using an iPad 3 with iOS 7.0.6 and still having trouble posting pictures. Not real sure how to resize a photo on an iPad. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.Compu

RE: Board Customization - kylake - 03-11-2014

Tanfastic, I don't have an ipad but here is a resizer for ipad. The reviews a okay and the price is right.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/simple-resize/id327776379?mt=8
Don't know if it will help or not.

RE: Board Customization - dreadneck - 03-11-2014

(03-10-2014, 09:02 PM)Bruce Wrote:  LOL!

I see Wendy has posted some photos and they are sized smaller than mine. I will ask her what she is doing. Like I mentioned, they are perfectly sized on my newer Android phone, and on my monitor they fill the whole screen, but I see the whole photo. I am using Chrome. Obviously for some people the images are larger than their screens, so until I figure out how to make them so everyone can see them correctly, I will hold off from adding more.

Bruce, the maximum dimensions of photos is scaled so that they do not take over 75% of the screen width. This keeps the browser window from expanding due to large photos, but also allows large photos to scale to their natural size on larger monitors like your 24 inch. The board also limits upload sizes to 500k and less. As far as resizing photos to taste, and for more efficient loading, an image editor would be need to be used. Alternatively, there is a Windows resizer that can be added to a PC, and there are apps that can be downloaded for androids and iphones/ipads.

Image Resizer Powertoy Clone for Windows
http://imageresizer.codeplex.com/releases/view/82827

After you install it...right click the photo thumbs or filenames
you wish to resize and from the menu...choose...Resize.