The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Trying to access array offset on value of type null - Line: 5195 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 5195 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_session.php 505 my_strlen
/inc/class_session.php 360 session->create_session
/inc/class_session.php 76 session->load_guest
/global.php 54 session->init
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$lang_select_default - Line: 4682 - File: inc/functions.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/functions.php 4682 errorHandler->error
/global.php 824 build_theme_select
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
love the new private message ability - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: love the new private message ability (/showthread.php?tid=100075)

love the new private message ability - jitterbug - 03-08-2014

dread, thank you for making all this possible.

it's nice to be able to communicate privately. thank you.Cool

RE: love the new private message ability - booger - 03-08-2014

(03-08-2014, 08:48 PM)jitterbug Wrote:  dread, thank you for making all this possible.

it's nice to be able to communicate privately. thank you.Cool

Yep, and it's nice to have a mod who respects PRIVATE.

Respect Dread

RE: love the new private message ability - Tanfastic - 03-08-2014

Now that's funny Booger, I thought messages were private on all boards!

RE: love the new private message ability - booger - 03-08-2014

(03-08-2014, 10:57 PM)Tanfastic Wrote:  Now that's funny Booger, I thought messages were private on all boards!
Oh no..... Not even close. Private applies to the masses, not the moderator. Hence why I lost my PM ability over there.

RE: love the new private message ability - kylake - 03-09-2014

PM is definitely a nice feature if used for the right reasons. If you want to pass information like a phone number you would not want in the public domain.
As booger said the, admin of the board, can most certainly see everything about the board and that is the way all board architecture is. Admin has complete control.

I was on an Isla board operated by a Bob C. that was a great board and just like this one with an open policy about what could be posted. A few users for some reason started plotting against Bob and a few users on the board using PM. Boy, was that ever STUPID.
Bob didn't make any big deal of it but since he could read what they were plotting he would turn the tables on them time after time. It was truly funny to watch/read.
They finally, we permanently purged after being to big of a nuisance.

RE: love the new private message ability - jitterbug - 03-16-2014

omg, i'm sooo thrilled with this board . . . definitely meets my needs . . . i'm still learning my way around but will get there . . . hopefully, by the time i return from my trip, i'll be able to post some pics . . .

thank you dread!!

RE: love the new private message ability - Tammy - 03-17-2014

Reading someones PM is like reading someones email, physical mail, or putting your hands in my purse, it's just wrong and not acceptable. Hard to believe someone has time for such ignorance. No Booger that won't be happening here at Jamericans. Dread and I work for a living so having time to follow folks around, read their personal PM's, or even worry ourselves with others business is not on our list of things to do or even cross our minds for that matter. If people do wrong it always comes to the light without snooping, I'm a firm believer in that.

RE: love the new private message ability - dreadneck - 03-17-2014

What Tammy says is true. It's hard enough having the energy to just read the posts. I have no interest in the PMs, and have no intention of going to the trouble of reading them. That being said, I definitely do know my way around a database and web server, so in case of emergency, I could do whatever is needed.

My focus is on how to make this the most user-focused board possible, so my main concern is providing a well functioning board with nice amenities, not getting all up in your business and then preaching to you about what your focus should be...

RE: love the new private message ability - booger - 03-17-2014

(03-17-2014, 04:52 PM)dreadneck Wrote:  What Tammy says is true. It's hard enough having the energy to just read the posts. I have no interest in the PMs, and have no intention of going to the trouble of reading them. That being said, I definitely do know my way around a database and web server, so in case of emergency, I could do whatever is needed.

My focus is on how to make this the most user-focused board possible, so my main concern is providing a well functioning board with nice amenities, not getting all up in your business and then preaching to you about what your focus should be...

Well said and great attitude. Thanks again....