The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
More trouble, bad trouble - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2013 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+---- Thread: More trouble, bad trouble (/showthread.php?tid=45999)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Re: More trouble, bad trouble - rastagirl777 - 04-01-2012

"Most of the 'original' familys are still there."

Yes they most certainly are - I know several of them and all wonderful folks. All tell wonderful "back in the day" stories of the late '60's and early '70's and the stories are a mix of humour, hardship and depict was was the "true wild west" - west Jamaica.

In addition to the "original" familiy members great tales also come from those early visitors who ended up settling in that area - different tales, tru dat! (More wild west-ish)

My friends and I have often wanted to record some of these stories from these wonderful folks - it would make a great read. I shy away - too invasive. I can only try to remember them the best I can.

Re: More trouble, bad trouble - rastagirl777 - 04-02-2012

Sharleen, I don't really understand where all your vitriol is coming from. I'm not sure where I said it but I do know lots of folks from "back in the day", early '70's - Jamaicans and non-Jamaicans with some pretty interesting stories to tell about those times - some amusing, some not so amusing. Hub's best friend was one of them...

And I didn't think I was posting anything "negative" necessarily - Negril was the Wild West back then and in some ways it still is. It has this "outlaw" mentality that it never really shook from those days. Sometimes that mentality takes the form of "goofy" and sometimes it can be downright dark in my experience at least. Paved roads, new shiny resorts puts a coat of "rose color" over that piece of cultural history of the area....but it simmers underneath.

Of course I realize there is a difference in vibe, weather, crowds etc. in the off season. I know enough people who are living there at that time - I'd love to be in Negril in the spring but my work just doesn't allow me the time. But I'm not going to argue with you that its a completely different world at that time because obviously you've been there then and I haven't - and from what I learn by talking with my friends there I get that its quiet, especially in the summer. But that's all they share with me - none of them seem afraid to leave their yards.

And thank you for the age guess, its not too far off but you have made me younger than I really am and I appreciate that, always! (

Re: More trouble, bad trouble - suzengrace - 04-02-2012

Sharleen...

love you hearing your" real-deal,old-skool" stories of Negril as well as Jam...