The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error

Jamericans
Unique? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Unique? (/showthread.php?tid=100496)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Unique? - goldilocks - 09-04-2014

So sorry to hear about all of your experiences, just heart wrenching. Yes, anger and feeling helpless to change the past are not a good combination. I know you all (and your babies) are strong enough to move forward as best you can. Fyah 'pon all the perpetrators and perverts out there!

RE: Unique? - Winni - 09-05-2014

(09-03-2014, 05:58 PM)Westenders Wrote:  Hay winni and RW,

Thank you for sharing your experiences too, although still fresh and a million emotions going on, I can relate totally your feelings as parents, and can feel them tangibly through your posts. I hope your babies, as they are always our babies, are doing ok.

Therapy is the stage we are at now to, and my employer has also recommended that I get support from our in house people, RW I think I would be in danger of becoming overwhelmed as you described, with the day to day issues I field at work.
More than anything I am angry, which Is not a good feeling for anyone.

I think that feeling of helplessness in preventing these things, and being able to protect the kids as they grow up is more than challenging.

RW what a disgusting betrayal by someone so close.
And winni your daughter was so young, and doing something really good, which is what we teach our kids. I hope they caught the b*******.

Your right winni these things are sent to test us, they shape us all, but sadly not for the better.

Westie, I'm not sure that I agree with the last statement. Though negative incidents in our life are troubling and put us through a tough time, I believe it's HOW we deal with them that makes us grow into compassionate beings.

Even saying that though, I get chills down my spine in thinking what might have happened in the worst case scenario. Even making the above statement, I am hard pressed to believe that I would be able to heal and live a 'normal' life if anything ever happened to one of my children.