The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=5)
+---- Forum: Archives 2014 (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+---- Thread: Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! (/showthread.php?tid=71142)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Re: Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! - RGondaRoad - 02-18-2014

Don't Rob and Bnasty have a car? How often do they take any type of taxi anywhere?

Spewing about route taxi travel dangers and preaching about how its for locals only seems strange for people who do not use the system. I love this about the Jamaicans learning since they were children about the ins and outs of route taxi travel - kind of like me learning at my Mama's knee about using the NYC subway. Well, maybe strange is not the best word. Maybe inapropriate or misguided or STFU is.

Re: Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! - Kiknback1 - 02-18-2014

We've known Steve Positive for years, and totally recommend him. Recently became a sponsor over there, but we've used him for a long time. 372-8354. I've generally used him only during the day, but he lives in Redground so is local. Great guy.

For late nights, we used Patrick, who we knew from connections at White Sands. 422-5242. He's a late night route taxi operator, nephew of a friend at White Sands, and he took me home from the late night shows the week I was there.

Re: Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! - kylake - 02-19-2014

Blake, I read through about 5 pages in the thread and you made valid points. Especially the self serving ethics point you made, pushing folks to only sponsored drivers, I mean all the Jamaican drivers (route taxi included) all have to make a living don't they?
Maybe we were just lucky but last year we used route taxi system with no problems and plan to do so again this year.
Mexico has a system in place (collectivos) much like the Jamaican service (route taxi) and we always used them when in Mexico.
Also you mentioned that there should be a standardized pricing and I agree with that. Again comparing to another 3rd world country (I am more familiar with Mexico), they have a price board at all taxi staging areas. I wish Jamaica had collectivos they are small vans and you can actually travel 90 km with only one transfer for 30 pesos each leg per person. One leg would be Tulum to Playa Del Carmen, Playa Del Carmen to Cancun is another leg.

Re: Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! - gerryg123 - 02-19-2014

Shayne is great. He works all hours generally. His number is 572 3599. However, I found someone even better, in terms of prices, on this last trip, a friend of Marko's with a red-plate. His name is Manny, and for some odd reason he is willing to drive ANYWHERE for five dollars, no matter how many passengers - too good to be true, but he is awesome. He lives on Ella Lane, and mostly the locals use him, but if you're friends with Marko, you are in like flint. I will try to track down his number cause I left it on a borrowed phone from Marko. But Marko's cell is 341 3087, and he has the number.

Other key phone contacts for drivers: clives, 956 2615; mike campbell driver, 471 5547, percy 379 0831, tony jones driver 700 1187.

Re: Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! - kaycee - 02-19-2014

Bnasty??! Lmao!!

Another driver to add to the list is Linston (376-3652)

Re: Error 403 FORBIDDEN !!!! - gerryg123 - 02-20-2014

Here is Marko's driver connection Manny's number -- 504-6684 -- he is the most affordable I have ever seen in my long Negril history. He charges just five dollars to take you anywhere, no matter how many folks in the cab. And he is a red plate. I tip him so he can make a profit.