The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Undefined variable $awaitingusers - Line: 47 - File: global.php(766) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php(766) : eval()'d code 47 errorHandler->error
/global.php 766 eval
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined array key "style" - Line: 824 - File: global.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/global.php 824 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 16 require_once
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$archive_pages - Line: 2 - File: printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php(251) : eval()'d code 2 errorHandler->error
/printthread.php 251 eval
/printthread.php 122 printthread_multipage
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 172 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
/printthread.php 177 errorHandler->error
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showimages" - Line: 172 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
Warning [2] Undefined array key "showvideos" - Line: 177 - File: printthread.php PHP 8.2.18 (Linux)
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function
File Line Function

Jamericans
Unique? - Printable Version

+- Jamericans (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard)
+-- Forum: Jamaicaholics (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Message Board (https://jamericans.net/yellowboard/forumdisplay.php?fid=3)
+--- Thread: Unique? (/showthread.php?tid=100496)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Unique? - booger - 08-29-2014

Hey lady,
I feel for you and your family. When one crosses that line an eye for an eye is my approach. Do not fuck with one's family.......

EVER

RE: Unique? - Schuttzie - 08-30-2014

I'm so sorry about ypur daughter, Westenders! I prayer she will mend both physically and emotionally....how horrible! Yes, heaven help those who mess with my family.

RE: Unique? - rootswoman - 08-30-2014

Oh my God Westenders
I am so so so very sorry.
You are living through every parents worst fear.
My heart goes out to you and your family.

RE: Unique? - Westenders - 08-30-2014

Thanks guys I really appreciate all of your kind words. It's been a nightmare, hard not to be angry and bitter at this point, but we are getting through..x

RE: Unique? - Raine - 08-31-2014

another shocker, no medication at a hospital Sign0171

RE: Unique? - Raine - 08-31-2014

Westenders am so sorry to hear your daughter's experience. I am just out of H.S. now three years but I remember this code of silence.... they tried to bully because that code of silence just does not work for me, I call names and point fingers and dealt with the consequences.

RE: Unique? - Winni - 09-02-2014

Oh Gees Westie, sorry to hear. Hope you guys are doing ok.

My 14 year old was in the Dominican in February on a humanitarian trip and they were robbed on the resort. Bad man kicked their door in and held them at gunpoint. Shook her up bad bad! She came back changed with anxiety and some ptsd. We took her to counselling kicking and screaming telling us how much she hated us, but it was well worth it. She needed to 'deal' with it, which she did.

I highly recommend it.

W

RE: Unique? - rootswoman - 09-02-2014

Oh Dear,
Winnie, I am so sorry.
I just can't imagine how that must feel as a parent.

When my daughter was 16, her boss of two years (and family friend for several years - he helped teach her to drive and and was planning on bringing her on a university tour, being a professor himself) was caught videotaping the kids in the employee restroom.
Her tapes happened to be the "most graphic" of the employees. We lived in a fairly small beach community in Maine and the popular, historical, seaside business was a local landmark for over 100 years. The story hit mainstream news and her entire High School knew about it.

All I could do was bring her to counseling. I am sure it helped, but its true that things were never the same.

Its so hard as a parent, you try to do all the right things, but you cant always protect them.
I often feel as hard as that was on her, I may be the one who it affected the hardest.
I went through severe depression after that, blaming myself .(I was a single Mother) I fell apart and dropped out of Grad school. (where I was working with suicidal teens and it was just too much for me) I know that was really hard for my daughter - it was a double whammy for her. I sure wish I could have gone back and redone her senior year of High School. I wish I had been better equipped, but who is equipped for that?

My heart reaches out to you both Winnie and Westenders, I don't really know, but I kind of know, how hard it can be. I realized today that I needed help as much as my daughter. I had been in therapy, but things were going well and had terminated the year before that incident happened. After that happened I let everything fall apart and had a hard time getting out of bed. If I could do it over, I know now, that I should have spent time talking to someone and forgiving myself. I was so worried about my daughter that I lost perspective on how much my own depression was hurting her.

I share my story as a reminder to please take care of yourselves - I cant go back and change anything but I sure wish I could...

RE: Unique? - Winni - 09-02-2014

RW - The past is a bugger isn't it? Sorry to hear what you went through, just proves we all have a story and noone goes through life unscathed. It is true, isn't it, that if everything is good all the time, then we just arent living...

Enjoy the good times when they happen (and they will) cause we can bet that it will not remain as is for long. Smile

W

RE: Unique? - Westenders - 09-03-2014

Hay winni and RW,

Thank you for sharing your experiences too, although still fresh and a million emotions going on, I can relate totally your feelings as parents, and can feel them tangibly through your posts. I hope your babies, as they are always our babies, are doing ok.

Therapy is the stage we are at now to, and my employer has also recommended that I get support from our in house people, RW I think I would be in danger of becoming overwhelmed as you described, with the day to day issues I field at work.
More than anything I am angry, which Is not a good feeling for anyone.

I think that feeling of helplessness in preventing these things, and being able to protect the kids as they grow up is more than challenging.

RW what a disgusting betrayal by someone so close.
And winni your daughter was so young, and doing something really good, which is what we teach our kids. I hope they caught the b*******.

Your right winni these things are sent to test us, they shape us all, but sadly not for the better.